Updated text editor (Read 203 times)

Julia1971

Landscape and then reply works for me.

The problem with the toolbar is that when I try to use it, it jumps me back to the top of the box.  So, if I turned on bold, my cursor jumps to the beginning of the word "Landscape" above and inserts the words there.  Same if I try to add an emoticon.

I wouldn't know yourself out over the 50 or so Z10 owners out there.  Smile

It looks like I have some new emotions to express, though.  The old editor told you what the icons meant.  What are these?:

Docket_Rocket

I only see Bold, italics, underline and the superscript with the iPhone mobile version.

With IE on the PC, I only see boxes where the choices are in.  I'll check with the Mac tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

obiebyke

I'm using the regular version (not mobile) and I don't see a special symbols menu anymore. I like to use the degrees one in the winter. Smile

Thanks eric, btw, for your work!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

jfa

Thanks Eric !

I got it to work on my iPhone 5. The difference is that you must already be in landscape mode before hitting modify or reply. Formerly it would adjust automatically after rotating.

Does not do that on my 4s. Same limited button set in portrait or landscape, regardless of where I start.

Dave

I'm using the regular version (not mobile) and I don't see a special symbols menu anymore. I like to use the degrees one in the winter. Smile

Ooh, I didn't notice this. Yes I like to report temperature this time of year, as an excuse for less running.  Although you can still get the point across without the symbol. And to be honest - I wonder how much use in general the special characters feature got. We're not writing astrophysics PhD dissertations here. Probably a nice-to-have, rather than a must-have.

Dave

The old editor told you what the icons meant.  What are these?:

Collagen lips, googley eyes, ninja.

You're welcome.

Dave

eric :)

Landscape and then reply works for me.

The problem with the toolbar is that when I try to use it, it jumps me back to the top of the box.  So, if I turned on bold, my cursor jumps to the beginning of the word "Landscape" above and inserts the words there.  Same if I try to add an emoticon.

I wouldn't know yourself out over the 50 or so Z10 owners out there.  Smile

It looks like I have some new emotions to express, though.  The old editor told you what the icons meant.  What are these?:

The missing emoticons button was caused by the new text editor using a slightly different way of specifying buttons in the toolbar, which is not compatible with the existing code.  I also added descriptions for each emoticon.  The changes are being deployed to the servers and should be ready in about 20 minutes.

I'm sorry I couldn't get it to work with the Blackberry, mostly because I can't test it.

eric :)

Thanks eric, btw, for your work!

obiebyke!

How have you been?

I tried to retain all existing functionality but the new version of the text editor doesn't seem to have a symbol editor.  I'll keep an eye out for new releases.  Hopefully they re-add this functionality.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Okay,  quick test on Android.   Pretty nice! 

( Galaxy S3)

obiebyke

No worries, eric. I know you work hard. The symbols thing was just something I noticed. I suppose I can type "degrees."  (And I'm great, thanks! Hope you're doing well.)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

mikeymike

Bold italic undeline strike through.

Paragraph break.

• Bullet
                          • Bullet
                          1. List
                          2. List

Cool. On android 4.21.2.

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I've been too lazy all along to find the degrees symbol.  I just type 12F (yeah, that's what it is currently), and people understand.

Docket_Rocket

The missing emoticons button was caused by the new text editor using a slightly different way of specifying buttons in the toolbar, which is not compatible with the existing code.  I also added descriptions for each emoticon.  The changes are being deployed to the servers and should be ready in about 20 minutes.

I'm sorry I couldn't get it to work with the Blackberry, mostly because I can't test it.

You're awesome, thanks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I can see them now from my iPhone, woot.

Still having problems with IE but hey, it's IE, a PC, and a horrible computer!

Damaris

Fundraising Page