The "I should have stayed on the couch" run (Read 917 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Meh.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

I feel ya. I had one of those yesterday, K. That just means your next one's going to be blissful! Smile
      deb
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lately it seems that 50% of my runs have been like that. I have a race this Sat. and I am tempted to just do a few shorter runs before then...maybe my race will rock, then. k

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Count me in on the ISHSOTC club.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, at least we're in good company. TODAY I am staying on the couch. I had planned on a 90 minute run, but nuts on it. My legs are feeling brutalized and I think we have t-storms coming, anyhow. Someone pass the popcorn. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

*hugs* did i hear mention of tstorms? Shocked Hey, whatever you guys get up there, could you pass some of it down here?
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah, apparently the storms are a couple of days off...but it is dreary as hell here. Why can we not get rain if it's going to be so dark? How many Summers now have we had this problem? Gah., I'm so sick of having to run the hose all the time just to keep things on "life support." k

~ Sarah Kay

Jacob Fern

Count me in on the ISHSOTC club.
                  yeah, me too... Speaking of thunder storms though, we just had the most terrific storm last night. started around 7:30 (right in time for my run), and then kept it up all night long. lots of lightning, pouring rain, thunder so loud i couldn't sleep.... it was wonderful. made for a wet run this morning though.

My dogs are fast, not me

I'm struggling with my motivation, too. I'm tired and stressed out from a new job and am having a hard time getting up in the mornings, but runing in the evening doesn't work for me at all. I blew off the 6 miles I was supposed to do this morning.

Robin

You'll ruin your knees!

Lately it seems that 50% of my runs have been like that. I have a race this Sat. and I am tempted to just do a few shorter runs before then...maybe my race will rock, then. k
                      Your body is talking to you..."Kirsten dear, your major muscle groups and your soft tissue need a rest!". You know what to do, you said it in your post, quoted above! Take heed before your body starts SCREAMING at you! Have a great race! As for gear, are you taking your portable pole? Tongue Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As for gear, are you taking your portable pole? Tongue
                        Hmmm...is that a euphemism for something...? Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Hmmm...is that a euphemism for something...? Wink k
                          Only if Did is driving you to the race. Big grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Sounds like it is time to take up swimming or cycling for a few weeks. Big grin

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sounds like it is time to take up swimming or cycling for a few weeks. Big grin
                              I have no doubt that cycling will be in my future...in the next year or so, at least. My legs were made for bikin'. Unfortunately it's a much more $$ sport to break into. And I would miss being able to participate in frequent races the way I can with running. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Only if Did is driving you to the race. Big grin
                                He's not all that portable...oh, you meant his POLE! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay