High school bans road running (Read 456 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Nice.  It's never been all that common.  I think trap shooting is actually more common at the HS level.  I shot rifle in college, but even at that level it was not all that widespread.  Facilities and equipment for it are relatively pricey.

I'm aware of some BB gun teams in Kansas.

Feeling the growl again

I'm aware of some BB gun teams in Kansas.

School-sanctioned?  Many 4H organizations run such events but public school sanctioned are rarer.  Interesting if Kansas runs air gun competitions in schools, just haven't heard of it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

School-sanctioned?  Many 4H organizations run such events but public school sanctioned are rarer.  Interesting if Kansas runs air gun competitions in schools, just haven't heard of it.

I'm not absolutely sure it's school sanctioned.  Something about the sign posted by the proud town led me to believe it was.

Feeling the growl again

I'm not absolutely sure it's school sanctioned.  Something about the sign posted by the proud town led me to believe it was.

From what I can find it is likely 4H or JROTC, which I was not aware of.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

memememe76

What's wrong with running in only a sports bra? And how does not being an "all star" having to do with it--should the victims be blamed for not being able to run away fast enough from the perpetrators?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Cross country practice is not considered their own time.

If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that makes this our time?  Certainly, there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our time!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.