Hamstring Tendon Soreness- HELP!!! (Read 83 times)

highschoolrunner

So right where the calf muscle is attached to the thigh behind my knee is this very hindering pain on my hamstring tendons. I've read numerous articles and all of em have directed to me to the result that it was because of over-running, which is something I am having trouble excepting. I've taken 5 days off this week of no running and the pain is there lighter than it was and I've taken pain relievers and all that jazz but the pain is still lingering. I also like to take my foam roller and role my leg over that specific portion, it feels great after that but the second I'm off the foam roller it re-emerges. Has anyone ever had this problem, I've found few articles discussing it and I just want to be healthy and running again. So suggestions, recommendations, stories and a solution, whatever you got I would love to hear.

SMART Approach

Does it hurt when you stretch it? Any issues in past? Sounds like some inflammation or a tweak. Let it heal.

Be smart with it because you don't want this to be a chronic issue. If it is getting better then keep letting it get better. Give it more time. On your first run back on it, get it real warmed up and take it easy.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com