Tough Mudder = Hardly Anyone Runs! (Read 688 times)

Tiefsa

Hey folks,

I did a tough mudder to see what the fuss was about.  It was actually a lot of fun.  I made one big mistake though.  I ran in a later wave.  That meant as I kept running, I ran into tons of people from earlier waves.  (They let out waves of runners every 20 minutes).  Towards the end of the course, I had to wait in lines around 5 - 10 minutes to do the next obstacle.

Has anyone else done one?  It was fun, but if you want to make it as hard as it should be, you need to run in an earlier wave so you can run the whole time and not wait at the later obstacles.  

Here's a video of my experiences.  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That was a pretty entertaining video. Nicely done.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Tiefsa

That was a pretty entertaining video. Nicely done.

Thanks!  

DanMoriarity

Pretty cool video, thanks for posting! It looks like lots of fun except for the ice bath and the electric shocks ...

Tiefsa

Pretty cool video, thanks for posting! It looks like lots of fun except for the ice bath and the electric shocks ...

The ice bath was quite cold, but nothing too brutal.  I guess since I have had some experience having to stand in ice baths up to my waist for half of my college running career I knew what to expect.  Plus it was about 75 degrees that day.

The shocks.  That sucked.  At least it was over fast though.  

Loves the outdoors

That looked great!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Good video! Great job on the monkey bars. Sorry you lost your wedding ring, though.