Television coverage could suffer in Bejing (Read 657 times)

I thought that I would share this article. To sum things up, the IOC and China are debating about what and how things will be covered in the Olympics. I am going to be optimistic and assume that they will have everything worked out before the opening ceremony. http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1812700-1,00.html
      US network coverage of the Olympics has always been insufferable.
      waterfordrider

Team Effort

I thought that I would share this article. To sum things up, the IOC and China are debating about what and how things will be covered in the Olympics. I am going to be optimistic and assume that they will have everything worked out before the opening ceremony. http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1812700-1,00.html
        Why would anybody think that the Chicoms will act any different than they ever have just because it's the Olympics. They will never forgive the press in particular the US networks for the coverage of Tiananmen Square showdown from 20 years ago. US coverage of the Olympics, has been horrible ever since NBC took over. At least Jim Mckay who passed away this weekend, won't have to watch the mess that will be made of this years coverage. Could you just for once keep your mouth shut, Bob Costas?? Angry

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

Prophet!

Could you just for once keep your mouth shut, Bob Costas?? Angry
          don't be hatin on Bob Costas yo.
            Jeez... I knew that the Chinese had human rights violations up the gazoo, etc, but I didn't know they were going to try and stop us from broadcasting the OLYMPICS! HELLO! Olympics... you know, that sporting event that only comes every four years... the BIGGEST sporting event in the world! Uhhhhhh... yeah, you can't tell us what we are going to cover (in theory). If we want to cover basketball, we will. If we want to cover track and field, we will. If we want to cover ping pong... well... never mind. All right China? Do you understand? You don't have to forfeit the Olympics, but you DO have to let us do whatever the heck we want to in covering the Olympics. YOU volunteered your country for the Olympics, we didn't push it upon you (as a matter of fact, many don't want to give it to you in the first place). So, open up your country to the world for the next few months or just admit that you can't handle it. Period. Evil grin Oh, and Bob Costas is just an abnormally short guy who probably hasn't payed a sport in his life and who has to stop thinking he is Jim McKay, 'cause he's not.
            PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
            kcam

I'll be happy if I never see another "up close and personal" fluff piece in my life. Maybe that's what the People's Republic wants to ban.