Local vs Corporate - Running Times Article (Read 218 times)

Slo

Decent read.

I certainly have my opinion. I liked how the RD renamed her race the Rock n Rebellion.

ha.. I read that too.. thought it was pretty good.

And we run because we like it
      Through the broad bright land

Slo

Ha! Thanks for link. I even went back to edit my post to include since I forgot it the first damn time. 2nd attempt was just as successful.

Not a good multi tasking day.

Boycott Rock and Rolls, Color runs and Tough Mudders

Whenever my coworkers talk about events like these, I often "ask" how much they cost.  It usually turns into them saying something like, "Yeah, too bad they're not less expensive--I might do this more often."

Perfect segue to introduce them to your local running clubs' events that cost between $3 and $9, up to a whopping $25 for a marathon.

Boycott Rock and Rolls, Color runs and Tough Mudders

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
            Emil Zatopek

Slo

They frown on data streams at work so I'll have to catch that later but looking at the title it appears he was talking about This.

stshipley7

That article makes me proud to be a member of the Atlanta Track Club

Yea. That is part of it. Mostly about marketing runners and racing. They bring up Karnazes and Josh Cox as examples of mediocre runners that have gained fame / fortune based on their marketing abilities. Also discussing how there needs to be a way for a group (Not USATF) to create a professional race series. Personally, I really like events like the Sir Walter Mile or the Michigan Track Classic and wish we had something like this roaming the West.

They frown on data streams at work so I'll have to catch that later but looking at the title it appears he was talking about This.

catwhoorg

Labrat

That article makes me proud to be a member of the Atlanta Track Club

Indeed. Its a great organization.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18