Injury how to deal with and increase fitness, cardiovascular whilst injured? (Read 91 times)

TheMysteryOne

0/2014 at 2:19 AM

I want to achieve that in 2 months right now my pb is 37.37 for 3 miles, albeit I did that nearly 2 weeks ago now when my hamstring was first sore, been struggling since then with the runs cause I cant really run with my hammy, But have increased distance on the bike a lot to keep fitness up and am only limited by the equipment  in the gym being capped at about 27/28 kph for the upright bike and around 18 kph for the reclined bike, which I am slower on any without the speed cap being factored in. How do I fix my hamstring? How do I do core exercises? Which ones? Im guessing when my hammy heals Il be around 33 minutes or maybe 30 minutes for 3 miles, once it does I am planing to do 12 miles running a week then 13 up to about 19 slowly adding in 1-2 miles a week.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My first thought is that you are very concerned with speed. Slow down. Do you have a diagnosed injury or just a sore hamstring?

Also if you have a log here, if you make it public, people will be able to give you feedback based on what  you've been doing (how long you've been running, weekly mileage etc.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

MorisetteStevens

0/2014 at 2:19 AM

I want to achieve that in 2 months right now my pb is 37.37 for 3 miles, albeit I did that nearly 2 weeks ago now when my hamstring was first sore, been struggling since then with the runs cause I cant really run with my hammy, But have increased distance on the bike a lot to keep fitness up and am only limited by the equipment  in the gym being capped at about 27/28 kph for the upright bike and around 18 kph for the reclined bike, which I am slower on any without the speed cap being factored in. How do I fix my hamstring? How do I do core exercises? Which ones? Im guessing when my hammy heals Il be around 33 minutes or maybe 30 minutes for 3 miles, once it does I am planing to do 12 miles running a week then 13 up to about 19 slowly adding in 1-2 miles a week.

I suggest you start taking organic supplements for faster recovery. You should ask your doctor about it. Don't strain yourself as it may add injury. How about planking? You can add it on your routine.

TheMysteryOne

My first thought is that you are very concerned with speed. Slow down. Do you have a diagnosed injury or just a sore hamstring?

Also if you have a log here, if you make it public, people will be able to give you feedback based on what  you've been doing (how long you've been running, weekly mileage etc.)

How do I make my log public?