A little humor at the race (Read 1272 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

There were a few funny things I saw during my first marathon that gave me a lighthearted chuckle.

- Several signs from pretty women indicating that due to my exhibited endurance, I should give them a call later.

- One sign of a very energetic guy taking confessions from people who had soiled their pants: "Raise your hand if you've already shit yourself."  This was at the 10mile mark.

- One guy at Camp Pendelton did standing backflips as his buddies called out cadence songs to us.

- A runner of the half had a shirt "60th Birthday" on the back.  He was flanked by two young guys with shirts reading "Old Man Pacing Team".  They were his sons-in-law.  A group of girls jogged up to him and sang happy birthday during the run.

And my favorite:

- A little boy with a sign that read: "Worst parade EVER!"

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

xor

You like that "worst parade EVER" sign now.  Wait until you've seen it for the 1,000th time.  I first noticed it about 3 months ago at the Houston Marathon, chuckled, and now I see it 10x at every race.

Oh, since I brought up Houston... every year there's an (Episcopalian Priest?) who slings holy water at folks.  Heh.

The backflips sound super cool!

my first marathon

Stadjak,

Great job!  Congratulations!  I saw your time through your log, and hope that's in line with what you were hoping for. 

Enjoy your week, Superest dude!

Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Stadjak,

Great job!  Congratulations!  I saw your time through your log, and hope that's in line with what you were hoping for. 

Brian

Yah!

3:32:11.  Great work! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Stadjak,

Brian

Thanks.  Had a great time.  I was aiming for 3:30.  I would have loved a 3:29:59, but I can't be anything but happy with my 3:32:11. (race report, if you missed it)

#artbydmcbride

I saw a sign at the race I was running, held up by a smiling woman:  "You rock!  If it was easy, I'd be out there!"

Runners run

Hoodoo Guru

Oh, since I brought up Houston... every year there's an (Episcopalian Priest?) who slings holy water at folks.  Heh.

Can't stand the burn?

The tangents are moot.

HermosaBoy

Can't stand the burn?

I thought I was going to melt...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

You'll ruin your knees!

My favoritest evah!!!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

A Saucy Wench

I saw a sign at the race I was running, held up by a smiling woman:  "You rock!  If it was easy, I'd be out there!"

There is an ultra near here that used to have a 10K in the middle of it.  The ultra ran roughly 10K loops on an out and back trail, the 10K would start a few hours into it blow through, eat all the food and be gone.  They've since eliminated the 10K part but the last time I ran it I saw a 10Ker with a sign on her front saying "Just a lowly 10K" and on her back saying "Dont worry, I wont eat the food"

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

kcam

No way this can be original but it brought a smile (as close to a smile I could manage at the time).  Seen at ~mile 23 of 2011 Cal Internatiional Marathon:

jeffdonahue

My favorite was at Boston a few year's back.  There was a sign that said

"Your wife just called...."

then another guy about 10 feet down the road from him

"She said run faster"

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I work with a husband of one of the marathon runners.  His wife didn't turn in the time she hoped for.  When we was relating this to us he added, "I don't know why she just didn't run faster."

(He's not a runner)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

"I don't know why she just didn't run faster."

I should have thought of that in my last race.

You'll ruin your knees!

I work with a husband of one of the marathon runners.  His wife didn't turn in the time she hoped for.  When we was relating this to us he added, "I don't know why she just didn't run faster."

(He's not a runner out of the hospital yet)

Big grin

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)