Paul Ryan Says He’s Run Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 1924 times)

Why is it sideways?

Can't we all just get along?

Hey, good idea! I wish I had thought of that.

a. Yes

b. Because that's what came to my mind when I read the thread

c. Ok

d. And this thread would also be "classic bullshit politics" if it were about a democrat.  I see how it works.

a) The name may not be correct?  Or is not correct?

b) Why are we talking about Democrats giving Democrats a pass on a silly thread about Ryan's insignificant gaffe?

c) I don't see too many righteously indignant posts about Ryan's marathon misspeak on this thread. Most of the righteously indignant are righteously indignant about how making fun of Ryan is somehow a sign of political ideology.

d) The joke wasn't funny because it was just classic bullshit politics. Let's take this opportunity to smear the other side!

Somebody tie my arms to my chair.

Why is it sideways?

Okay!

Feeling the growl again

(I hate election years)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Why is it sideways?

Dude, you were totally throwing popcorn earlier, so don't play innocent.

(I hate election years)

+1

Jeff

Hey, good idea! I wish I had thought of that.

I sense sarcasm.

Jeff

Feeling the growl again

Dude, you were totally throwing popcorn earlier, so don't play innocent.

It is possible to have a discussion without being the preverbial bull in the china shop.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Why is it sideways?

I will admit that I screwed up when I posted that TonyP was spreading lies. He wasn't spreading lies. He was just drawing an equivalence and trying to divert criticism from "his" candidate. I just thought he was spreading lies because when he drew that equivalence he didn't get the name right, and he wrote so carelessly about the incident that it was practically impossible to figure what the heck he was talking about and it seemed to me that his post carried much innuendo about Obama and some collection of New York girlfriends.

I thought that his post was over the bounds of reasonable political discourse, but unfortunately I should have done more research and unpacked the unclear post that he made in order to clearly understand whatever sort of smear he was aiming at Obama. I apologize to all the good willed citizens out there for my misbehavior, and I am glad to afford some entertainment to folks like Spaniel who are always good actors when it comes to politics and other controversial threads. Some day I will learn to just sit and take it get along.

If these fricken politicians would stop lying about their PRs we could stop talking about them on RunningAhead.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

If these fricken politicians would stop lying about their PRs we could stop talking about them on RunningAhead.

FTFY

Well...no. See because this is a running site and so...ah screw it, nevermind.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I am glad to afford some entertainment to folks like Spaniel who are always good actors when it comes to politics and other controversial threads. Some day I will learn to just sit and take it get along.

Entertained?  No; disappointed.  I disappoint myself sometimes too.  When I do, I try to improve.

Feeling the growl again

Well...no. See because this is a running site and so...ah screw it, nevermind.

Sorry, just a nonpartisan shot at them all.

I'm sure they would have found their way into discussions here anyways.  I'm actually surprised how long it was avoided.

Why is it sideways?

Entertained?  No; disappointed.  I disappoint myself sometimes too.  When I do, I try to improve.

Okay, I am full of misinterpretations today. I misinterpreted the popcorn icon as expressing something like "I find this entertaining."

But yeah I get it, instability of the signifier, etc.