I guess this is another milestone... (Read 731 times)

Fool

Several of the morbidly obese members of my friends and family have recently had the concerned talk with me on how I've lost 'too much weight', 'have you been sick', and how 'all that running can't be healthy'. Roll eyes I'm 6'2", 201lbs, could lose another 10-15 but I'm not rushing anything. At one point in my more sedentary life, I tipped the scales at 265. Between better eating and hiking (and the encouragement of a whole mess o' people), I got down to 225, quit cigarettes, gained back to 240. Started running, injured self, came back with C25K last September and wound up finding collecting miles a bit addicting. Finished One Hour Runner, and have just been having fun with it since then. If I bite the bullet and pick a race, I expect to receive regular admonitions at family gatherings and birthdays. ... and they'll probably be eating cake at the time.

Dog-Love

Sounds to me like you have got a ton to feel good about. Way to give up smoking!
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...all of the people who have told me that I shouldn't lose more (I'm 20#s over "ideal" weight for my height and build, so I'm not scrawny by ANY stretch of the imagination) are people who are at least 50#s overweight and completely sedentary. Funny how that works.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Keep doin what you're doin and you might find somebody joining you. I was working too many hours and spending too much time on the couch. I was shamed into walking by my 60 year old (former) father-in-law who would walk, ride his bike, golf or do some combo of these every day. He was in his 60's, I was in my 30's and I guarantee he was in much better shape than I was. I don't have much contact with my out-laws anymore, but sometimes our paths cross at one of my son's soccer games. I really need to thank him for getting me off the couch.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.