If you could go for a run as any animal in the world . . . (Read 602 times)

sugnim

If you could go for 1 run as any animal in the world, and experience running in the way that this animal experiences it in it's natural environment, which animal would you choose?  The speedy cheetah?  The tiny field mouse?  The leaping gazelle?  Something else?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How many are going to go for the ostrich?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

duh

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Grizzly Bear or Bengal Tiger, I would rather do the chasing then be chased.

A dog.  For the pure joy they experience when running free!

Kangaroo.   A cheetah can run faster..., 'till he comes across a chain link fence.   For a Kangaroo?, nooooooo problem.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

How about as a Jesus Lizard, how cool would it be to be able to run on water (well water that isn't frozen, as it is rather easy to do around here now).

What was I chasing again?

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

As I used to be a pretty serious showjumper, I would love to run as a horse.  While I'm not really a 'herd animal,' I love the fluidity of their movement and I've spent a great deal of time pretending to be a horse while I was a barn rat in my youth.  I also like how flexible they are.  If you've ever been bucked off a horse--I imagine being the one doing the bucking would be very satisfying.  I always had some sympathy for horses that routinely threw people....

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Great topic.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Elephant...stomp around, smash anything in my path, tear out trees, eat peanuts, take mud baths, hang out with other elephants....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Julia1971

I'm too busy wondering under what scenario I'm being given this opportunity.  It sounds like a trap to me.

an amazing likeness

never mind...it's change, just nickels and dimes...I need to roll with it.

Moose. Because I already basically run about as gracefully as a moose.

I'm changing my selecton to Ostrich. I've heard on the intranet that I should try to run more like an ostrich.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xhristopher

So...let me tell you a story...about a software developer who has a web site, built for his own interest, and then shared with a community of his fellow runners, then..over time..a larger community. One day a bunch of internet peeps show up, all is good. They ask for polls, he writes polls into the software...oh well. Just a story.

Moose. Because I already basically run about as gracefully as a moose.

I'm surprised more people don't use the polls. So many thread titles lend themselves to it...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'd be interested to see what this one displayed, if the OP really typed in thousands of choices.

Never mind--there is an maximum of 16 choices.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

It isn't the length of the poll that matters.

I want to run as an australopithicus.