I have joined the ranks!! (Read 760 times)

I did it...actually, my husband did it. Our 2nd anniversary is Monday. I've been whining for a year that an iPod is a MUST HAVE, but have been to broke and to cheap to purchase one. Of course, the Nano was a dream, but I was content to have most anything. Then, a couple of weeks ago, Internet Research Girl Wonder (aka zoom zoom) found the refurbed iPod Shuffles on apple.com and sent me a link. Well, for a bargain like that, how can you go wrong? So Happy Anniversary Eryn!! I did my first run today with it and it was 7.8 miles of musical bliss!! How ever did I live this long without it???
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Then, a couple of weeks ago, Internet Research Girl Wonder (aka zoom zoom) found the refurbed iPod Shuffles on apple.com and sent me a link. Well, for a bargain like that, how can you go wrong? So Happy Anniversary Eryn!! I did my first run today with it and it was 7.8 miles of musical bliss!! How ever did I live this long without it???
      Heh...actually one of the guys here happened to post that link just as you were discussing buying a new Shuffle. I just had a lightbulb moment! Wink I knew you would love it! How did we ever do long runs without our tunes?! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

woot! i love ipods! What was the first song you put onto yours? Big grin Do you have a name for your 'pod yet? happy anniversary, btw! are you guys doing anything special?
          Happy pre-2nd Anniversary Eryn!! I love my Shuffle too! The one thing I liked about running on my treadmill was the pick-me-up from the music that *I* picked and played from my cds. It's great to be able to take the music outside now too!! It makes a huge difference, doesn't it!?
            I'm not sure what my first song was. I had a "machine is smarter than the operator" moment and it loaded everything I had in iTunes. I thought I had told it not to auto load, but it did anyway. Undoubtedly my error, but I need to play with it and get some of the slow stuff off so I don't have to skip tracks so much. No, no name for the iPod yet either. I don't know how I lived without it though. I did a 10.4mile run today and it kept me moving. Actually, the first 5.5+ miles were into the wind (and I think wind is truly evil) and from mile 4.5-5.5 was the worst. At about 5.2 when my quad hurt and I was seriously thinking about crawling through the ditch to stay out of the wind, a song came on...something about "f$%k the pain away/out" or something like that! The timing was perfect and it made me laugh. Must have came from the cd's that zoom zoom burned for me?? I'm so not cool when it comes to knowing new music! As for the anniversary...no plans yet. Monday night is usually Girls Night, but I'm going to skip that to stay home with the hubby & kids. We like to watch the video of our wedding on our anniversary after the kids are in bed. We had an awesome ceremony and the pastor did a fantastic job of putting alot of meaning and even some humor into a serious topic. Watching it just reminds us of all the reasons we are here. Corny, but we love it! Roll eyes Maybe next weekend when the kids are gone to their other parents & we don't need a sitter, we'll go out for dinner at our favorite restaurant.
            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

At about 5.2 when my quad hurt and I was seriously thinking about crawling through the ditch to stay out of the wind, a song came on...something about "f$%k the pain away/out" or something like that! The timing was perfect and it made me laugh. Must have came from the cd's that zoom zoom burned for me?? I'm so not cool when it comes to knowing new music!
              Ahhh...Peaches... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay