Behind-the-head earphones (Read 1052 times)

I just got some new headphones, based on recommendations from an older thread here on RA. Sennheiser PMX70: I tried them out for the first time this morning and the sound in them is nice and they don't hurt my ears so far. One thing I noticed though, is that the behind-the-head part doesn't fit snugly against my head. There is about an inch of extra space there, which means that my ponytail fwap, fwap, fwaps agains it. Is this how these fit for those of you who have them? I guess I assumed (you know what they say about assuming!!) that they would fit snugly against my head all the way around. I do have an abnormally small head so maybe it is just me? Blush I don't see any way to adjust them larger or smaller?
    ---- Cynthia

Along for the Ride

We just bought these too. My "significant other" has the problem that pretty much all other headphones fall out of his ears when running. These stay! We are now on pair 204 ... Wink I wore them too and loved them as well. Much better than the standard Apple headphones. They are not snug to the back of my head either. I think you might have to adjust your ponytail somehow ...

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

derek

I use these headphones for running: Philips SHS3200/37 Flexible Earhook w/ Bud They come in black and white. They are cheap enough that I don't care that I'm sweating all over them and I even washed one accidentally in the washing machine when I stuck them in a pocket and forgot about them.

Derek

Are you still happy with them?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've got the Sennheisers that have multiple little green rings to fit around the earbud for a custom fit. I really love them. I bought them right after I got my iPod for Christmas, since the Apple earbuds were so godawful and wouldn't stay in my ears. Even with heavy sweating and in the rain the Sennheisers never have shorted out. When the day comes that they die I will buy another set in a heartbeat. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Know where I can get a good price on some?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here are some good deals: google I think I paid $40+ for mine (Amazon.com). Worth every penny. k

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks, K - so - they held up fine in the winter for you?

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yup, I'd put them in my ears, throw on a hat or headband to cover the tops of my ears, and go. No problems whatsoever. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

I've got the Sennheisers that have multiple little green rings to fit around the earbud for a custom fit. I really love them. I bought them right after I got my iPod for Christmas, since the Apple earbuds were so godawful and wouldn't stay in my ears. Even with heavy sweating and in the rain the Sennheisers never have shorted out. When the day comes that they die I will buy another set in a heartbeat. k
                      I second the Sennheisers! I got mine at Target for right around $40 and have never had anything that worked nearly as well. Good quality sound...have not worn them in the cold, but have sweated buckets while wearing them and they have done great! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I'm convinced - thanks guys Smile MTA - found some on Ebay with free shipping Smile

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

Kirsten - I remember seeing your post when I searched on old threads. You had the other model of Sennheisers that twist into place, right? I was a little scared off from those, i wasn't sure they would fit? Shocked So far I've been very happy with the around the head ones I got (the cord is obnoxiously long though and in the past I've run into problems with other brands shorting out if I wrap it up so I am just dealing with it now). Derek - I have tried the kind you mentioned in the past and they start to hurt my ears after about 40 minutes. I have unusually LARGE ears for a woman though. Confused
                          ---- Cynthia
                            Sennheisers are magic Big grin I dunno how i lasted with the white ipody things for so long... I went to a store asking about the sports range but the guy was a runner himself and swore by the ear canal ones ( CX 300), 3 silicon sizes to fit. Only down side, you do NOT hear traffic
                            Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
                              If only money bought stronger wires. I had the lanyard versions they made but the wires slowly but surely came unconnected. I lost the left channel then a week later the right channel :X. I may just bulk order some of those phillips, better to toss cheap ones than to spend all my twisting the wiring trying to salvage some expensive headphones.