A run for Boston - check with your local running store (Read 164 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Our LRS is sponsoring a run on Monday the 22nd, under the auspices of the Independent Running Retailers Association.

Donate $20, and the entire amount goes to onefundboston.org.  They provide this ad-free shirt:

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

GinnyinPA

The Runners Sole in Chambersburg PA is sponsoring a fun run on the 22nd as well.    I think it's a great idea.

Oh roo roooo!

Performance Running Outfitters in Brookfield (Milwaukee area) is doing so also.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Aardvark Sports Shop in Bethlehem, PA is doing the same.

pae

Boulder Running Company in Colorado Springs is doing this on Wednesday the 24th.

Doc, my tooth hurts

Performance Running Outfitters in Brookfield (Milwaukee area) is doing so also.

I would love to do this, but I don't get out of work until 6. Blah.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I would love to do this, but I don't get out of work until 6. Blah.

Our store (Lincoln Running Company) will let people who can't do the run still donate and get a shirt if they call in advance.

Doc, my tooth hurts

Our store (Lincoln Running Company) will let people who can't do the run still donate and get a shirt if they call in advance.

Oh no I meant the actual running part, I'll probably still donate one way or another.

Running Fit in the Detroit area is doing one on 4/24 at Kensington Metropark.

Dave

bjoiner

Any store in the Pasadena area doing this?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

1100 runners in the rain and sleet.  $30000 raised.  Link

Mmmmm...beer

I went to one at my LRS last night, bought two shirts, had a good run with a lot of good friends.  Between the two stores they raised $15,000, and they're taking orders for a second round of shirts (they sold out of the first order).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

GinnyinPA

We had about 450 people there last night.  Over $9000 raised.  They ran out of shirts and had to order more.

Mmmmm...beer

I'm really curious now as to what the total amount raised was across all of the stores that participated yesterday.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!