Anyone else run with loosely tied shoes? (Read 1297 times)

I always keep the lower laces extra loose to prevent my toes from falling asleep. I learned this trick from here on RA some months back. Mostly I have a problem with the toes on my left foot. I also rarely untie my shoes. I have them tied just right and I slip right into them. I'm not sure if that's good or not really, but it works for me. Confused

Michelle

since I started loosening my laces...no more shin splints! (read 'bout that somewhere awhile back). Cool
      andyndallas

Try Speed Laces! Makes your shoes fit and feel like socks. No more of the laces mashing down on the top of your foot. You can get them online. Also makes it very easy to quickly adjust them if they are too tight or loose. I usually have my left shoe loser than my right. My left shin tends to get sore if I keep the left shoe snug, so I have to loosen it up some.
        ...and miles to go before I sleep
          This is amazing - I got a new pair of shoes and my right foot went to sleep on my run this morning. I was wondering about lacing and voila - there's a thread that addresses my every query. Smile
          E4JJ

I have only ever tied my laces once when I first bought the shoes. I always wear them loose and just slip them on each time I run. Never had a problem and never lost a shoe yet.

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Mine are looser at the bottom and tighter at the top. I also use a lacing technique from New Balance to raise the toe box (for a bunion problem). Here's a pic from when my last pair were new: Photobucket ~ love your "running partner" by the way Smile
              ~ Fly ~
              Only as much as I dream can I be.
              veggies on the run