Does anybody use an arm wallet? (Read 262 times)

ba21

Tnelfrank

I can't wear anything on my arms. Feels weird to me. I use a hipssister hip pack. Tons of storage and very comfortable! http://hipssister.com/#oid=62_1

sugnim

I use a wrist wallet, but I put it around my handheld water bottle instead of my wrist.  It holds gum, t.p., and a key.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Having said all of these good things - it's great for driver's license, credit card(s), money, and stuff like that. It is useless for a cell phone Today's car keys  are way too bulky too.

From their website I see that there's a Big Banjee and a Touch Mesh Banjee.  I haven't tried either one, but I'm interested.  Anybody know if these use Velcro as a fastener?

MTA:  The following may answer the Velcro question, but not the size question.  Big Banjee is shown with an iPhone, so it would probably work with my Galaxy S3.

• Banjees: How big are Banjees® wrist wallets?

When laid flat, most Banjees® are approximately 4.25 inches long and 3.5 inches wide.  Their stretchy material allows the wrist wallet to slip over the hand and fit comfortably around a variety of wrist sizes.

• Banjees: What can I fit in a Banjees® wrist wallet?

The Banjees® zippered wrist compartment has enough room to securely hold cash, credit cards, keys, lipstick and other similarly sized items.  Small cell phones do fit in the zippered compartment.  We recommend that you try several combinations of items to figure out what feels best on your wrist.

Carbs and Cabernet

I had to return an armband because it was way too large for my skinny arm - the opposing velcro strips did not meet. It was supposed to be a "one size fits most". I don't remember the brand, though.

running metalhead

I got a pretty sweet wristband last year with a little pouch enough for the keys.
              I have no idea what I did with it but I haven't been able to find one for sale yet.
              It was ideal as I don't like to carry anything but my GPS and the noise of the keys (however little) can manage to annoy me a lot when I.m running on a trail.

Well, maybe the bank that was giving them last year are doing the same this year too (the race is this Sunday in Utrecht)

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
              - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
              - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
              - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
              - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
              - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Jannyann

From their website I see that there's a Big Banjee and a Touch Mesh Banjee.  I haven't tried either one, but I'm interested.  Anybody know if these use Velcro as a fastener?

MTA:  The following may answer the Velcro question, but not the size question.  Big Banjee is shown with an iPhone, so it would probably work with my Galaxy S3.

• Banjees: How big are Banjees® wrist wallets?

When laid flat, most Banjees® are approximately 4.25 inches long and 3.5 inches wide.  Their stretchy material allows the wrist wallet to slip over the hand and fit comfortably around a variety of wrist sizes.

• Banjees: What can I fit in a Banjees® wrist wallet?

The Banjees® zippered wrist compartment has enough room to securely hold cash, credit cards, keys, lipstick and other similarly sized items.  Small cell phones do fit in the zippered compartment.  We recommend that you try several combinations of items to figure out what feels best on your wrist.

I have the big one. Does not use Velcro it is just stretchy stuff that you stick your hand through. One side is zippered the other looks like the picture and creates a pocket. Has worked well for over a year but with my phone in there its a little heavy. I don't have the galaxy yet so I don't know whether it would fit or not but it does have quite a lot of space in it.

Hope this helps Big grin

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thank you Jannyann, that's really helpful. I may try one.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Cutoff jeans shorts seem to be popular in the Chicago area, all of the pockets so you can store lots of stuff

Kanye West says leather shorts for exercise is the way to go. Perhaps a fashionable black and white jersey cow print, extra baggy so that the top half of your underwear shows. Smile

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Back to Banjees:  Today a banner ad popped up promising 20% off and free return shipping if you don't like it.  Coupon code is on this page.  Also, there's a video demo showing an iPhone (I think) being slipped into one.

drrbradford

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/accessories/bags-belts-and-wallets/sweatshop-arm-pocket-blue.html

This one is useful if you have skinny biceps; cheap and functional. The Adidas one I had prior to this was too big for me and always slid to my elbow.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/accessories/bags-belts-and-wallets/sweatshop-arm-pocket-blue.html

This one is useful if you have skinny biceps; cheap and functional. The Adidas one I had prior to this was too big for me and always slid to my elbow.

5 £? I don't have any £s.

Seriously, I am wondering where the Banjee would ride on me.  I've got the runners' chicken bone arms, from biceps to wrists, and giant hands.

drrbradford

I can post it to you, if you really want.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I can post it to you, if you really want.

Thanks, there's probably something similar over here, if I just look.