Have to have a biopsy done... (Read 880 times)

Hey Dustin, I hope everything turns out alright. Please let us know how you're doing!

Now that was a bath...

Hey I am late to the game in this one but I just wanted to say... 'Ouch' & 'Get better soon!'
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Life is Good

Hope all goes well, Keep you chin up Dustin!

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

I was hoping it was just Thrush (not that I'd wish that on anyone). Good luck with your testing. Please let us know how things are going.

Michelle

Thanks for the support. It didn't really respond to the cortisone shot. I saw the doctor again today and he says it's probably not the oral lichen planus, leaning towards leukoplakia now. He gave me two options, see an oral surgeon and biopsy it, or try to freeze one of the two spots off. I went with the freezing it off option, it was just easier because of insurance reasons. If it peels off on its own, it's most likely leukoplakia and he will then freeze the other spot off too. If not, he wants to know what it is and I'll have to have the biopsy done. I see him again in a month so we'll see how it goes.

Another Passion

Thanks for the support. It didn't really respond to the cortisone shot. I saw the doctor again today and he says it's probably not the oral lichen planus, leaning towards leukoplakia now. He gave me two options, see an oral surgeon and biopsy it, or try to freeze one of the two spots off. I went with the freezing it off option, it was just easier because of insurance reasons. If it peels off on its own, it's most likely leukoplakia and he will then freeze the other spot off too. If not, he wants to know what it is and I'll have to have the biopsy done. I see him again in a month so we'll see how it goes.
              Do let us know what happens. Hope the freezing is effective for you Dustin.

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com