Now 2500... Now 1500, was 1000 miles on my Merrell Road Gloves (Read 201 times)

mk885

Hi

I just completed 1000 miles on my merrell road gloves and they still seem to be going strong.

I am not sure how much of a milestone this is but it does seem like a kind of milestone!

It seems that Merrell is no longer making them...

Mike

Half Fanatic #846

That's definitely quite a milestone!!  I think the most I've gotten out of a pair of shoes is maybe 600 miles, can't even remember what they were, maybe Nikes. OK, after checking, I got about 620 each on 2 pairs of Nike Frees. Now my favorite shoes (Skechers) are wearing out at 300+ miles - ugh. But my bare feet (like totally bare) are looking close to new at nearly 4K. Now I'm off to check out Merrells...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

rmcj001

I think 1000 is a pretty significant milestone.  I got 1700+ on my Vibram Komodos and 1000+ on my old pair of Vibram Bikilas.  Working on a new pair of Bikilas and the Bikila EVOs - it will be interesting to see how long they'll last...

Ray

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I put more than 1000 miles each on four pairs of Vibrams, and fully expect to exceed 1000 on any Vibrams I use.

Marylander

Believe it or not I got more than 1000 miles out of a pair of walmart water shoes that I bought on clearance for $1. Wink

npaden

That's definitely quite a milestone!!  I think the most I've gotten out of a pair of shoes is maybe 600 miles, can't even remember what they were, maybe Nikes. OK, after checking, I got about 620 each on 2 pairs of Nike Frees. Now my favorite shoes (Skechers) are wearing out at 300+ miles - ugh. But my bare feet (like totally bare) are looking close to new at nearly 4K. Now I'm off to check out Merrells...

I'm getting 400-600 on my skechers.  The soles look a little worn, but they seem to still have decent cushion.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

mk885

I have now run 1500 miles in my merrell road gloves

i have a new pair of road gloves waiting to be used but am keeping using these

lots of good value for money!

also now really attached to them after 2.5 years!

Mike

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I'm at nearly 1000 miles on a pair of Skechers Go Bionics. I expect to get another 100ish out of them.

I got about 900 out of  a pair of Saucony Virratas.

Runner with a riding problem.

Chantilly75

mk885 Too bad you can't get another pair of the Merrell's.

I'm at 1011 miles on a pair of Adidas Adios 2, which I didn't even like at first. They show very little wear on the bottom, but the insole is thin.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

mk885

Just over 2500 miles in my merrel road gloves

they are getting a little tired but still going strong

definite value for money

can see why maybe long lasting minimal shoes might not be best business model for shoe companies- unfortunately

mk

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

You're killing the economy.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do