How to pick up running chicks? (Read 894 times)

12-week layoff

I coached boys CC for one season and then picked up the CC coach for the girls team.  Now were married.  Try that angle.

I coached track, and ended up marrying the cross-country coach.

I didn't notice that running barefoot made the chicks flock to me, so I switched to the suave and stylish Vibrams.  Huh, they're still not flocking. Confused

If you have bird legs, wearing Vibrams only makes matters worse.  And I didn't even mean for that to tie-in with the poultry theme.

Ronny, if you are not a troll, try this:  That's really cool how you did your hair for the race.  It looks really (cute, if short) / (pretty, if long and/or braided).  I've never met a girl between the ages of 13 and 103 that wasn't obsessed with her hair in some way.  And don't forget that blondes have more fun.

Maggie & Molly

fun reading but definately trolling.....

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

#dontbethesociallyawkwardstereotypicalrunner

I think that you should lead by listing all your PRs. Then you should give all your excuses as to why you could have run faster.

RunnerRonny

So if I do find a chick to run with should I just talk about how much faster and further  I can run than them, then spend the rest of the time talking about how good I am?

RunnerRonny

This isn't a troll btw, it for real, I can't find a nice lady to run with.

bhearn

This isn't a troll btw, it for real, I can't find a nice lady to run with.

Speaking as someone who has not tried to find women for the past 30 years... you're trying too hard. Just be yourself. And maybe make a bit of an effort to make yourself someone women might find more appealing... e.g., probably best not to call them "chicks".

Oh, and it doesn't hurt to run in a g-string once in a while.

xor

If it is an improperly fitted g string, it might hurt.

RunnerRonny

Ok so G-string, sound good guys, keep em coming.

If it is an improperly fitted g string, it might hurt.

Yes. Always request a professional fitting.

I've been out of the meeting/dating scene for a LONG time, so maybe I'm not the best person to be giving advice on the subject. I'm pretty sure, though, that if some guy approached me during a run and struck up a conversation, I'd be a little creeped out. If he had on a g-string, properly fitting or not, I'd have my pepper spray in hand and ready. But maybe that's just how they're doing it these days. Smile

On On

if some guy approached me during a run and struck up a conversation, I'd be a little creeped out. If he had on a g-string, properly fitting or not, I'd have my pepper spray in hand and ready. But maybe that's just how they're doing it these days. Smile

Where is a guy supposed to just strike up conversation with you that you won't be creeped out?  I can't understand why two runners couldn't talk while out for a run, meeting in the sneaker store or at a race.  Would you be creeped out if it was a girl that talks to you?

keeponrunning

Where is a guy supposed to just strike up conversation with you that you won't be creeped out?  I can't understand why two runners couldn't talk while out for a run, meeting in the sneaker store or at a race.  Would you be creeped out if it was a girl that talks to you?

Going by my limited experience...while on a run is probably not a good idea, mostly because not all guys are innocent in their intentions.  There is a fairly limited chance of a gal raping/beating up a gal though.

However, if a guy started to talk to me in a store or at a race, I'd be ok because there are others around, thus the chances of being harmed are significantly reduced.  If the guy seems to be a genuinly nice guy (aka no calling us "chicks," bragging about his PR's, etc.) I might even agree to meet him for a coffee.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Mostly harmless

I think the best approach is for you to wait in the park for a real pretty running chick to come by all alone and follow her.   You should follow her all the way home so you can ask her out when she's finished with her run. Interrupting her run would be rude and runner chicks HATE rude guys.  Make sure to follow her real close, within 15 feet max, so you don't lose her.

Your best bet is to make sure you are NOT wearing any running apparel when you do this.  Instead, you should wear blue jean cut-off's and a blue blazer with brass buttons. That way if you get called into court for trespassing or something then you'll look your best.

FYI, runner chicks don't really go for runner dudes you know.  They get all intimidated by our PR's and 5K times and stuff.

Cheers!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi