This damned runner's high! (Read 996 times)

Ack! I saw that thing about that guy who loved grizzlies a bit too much...and became dinner--no thanks! Wink k
    I never got to meet him! I would have loved to. Tim was a different kind of individual. Not sure of the lines but Tim was releated to me as are ALL the Treadwells this side of the pond. The family expert contacted Tim once but he wasn't ready to talk family, seems there was some problems there and Tim wanted to wait till later. Now later will never come. Why Tim stayed that late into the season under those conditions is unknown. Tim certianly knew it was not the thing to do.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Why Tim stayed that late into the season under those conditions is unknown. Tim certianly knew it was not the thing to do.
      Wow, how wild that you are distantly related...but it it sad that you didn't get to meet him--I'll bet he was one helluva storyteller! I felt REALLY bad for his pilot buddy who found him. The guy had said that he arrived mere hours after Tim had been killed. That kind of knowledge could make a person very depressed and/or crazy. That was a very interesting program, though. I definitely learned some things about those bears that I didn't know before. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

the study of your family can be fun and it can drive ya nuts! I have traced lines on my mom's side back to the 800s but can't get my dad's line any further back than 1775 and 1812!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My mom was adopted and her biological father's side will likely always remain a mystery, but she did discover who her bio mom was and that's pretty fascinating. I guess my great grandpa started the first interstate park in WI and there is some evidence that we may be distantly related to Robert Louis Stevenson (aka the author of "Jekyll and Hyde"). My mom also found that she is a LOT like her bio mom, as am I. My grandma was an artist and animal lover. She also was very much a social activist. She never had any other kids and my dad is also an only child, so that's kind of interesting--I really have no biological cousins (my mom has a brother, but he was also adopted). k

~ Sarah Kay

That makes it dead ends all round. but if you have any information you can more times than not get further back than you think. A 3rd cuz mom's side is Mary Cassatt the aritist and my 27th great grandparents on my mom's side are Leofric III and Lady Gadiva. Blew me away but the family member that specializes in that one line has been at this for 22+ years and if he didn't get it right (he did I checked) then toss in the towel. The Cassatt line has many many different spellings but the line is well researched! Seems one married a DuPont and they commissioned a complete history. If their money can't get it correct..................................... And how in the blue blazes did this morph into a famly tree thread? Hot and very humid and I ran anyway to night. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWW but it still felt good

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, it's hot and humid here, too--glad I didn't have to run tonite. I hope it's cooler tomorrow. Mary Cassatt...didn't she have that beautiful painting of the woman bathing her child? Yep, just looked, this is the one: I think that is so beautiful. How cool to have her as a not-so-distant relative.... Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Hey Kirsten How do you insert a picture into a post? Dave
                WHO FARTLEK"D ?
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey Kirsten How do you insert a picture into a post? Dave
                  I'm not exactly sure, LOL...well, at least not with other browsers. With Safari I have to hand-code the HTML, but I think all you have to do is click that little square above on the far right (the one that looks like a little picture), then paste the URL of the photo between the tags--at least I am guessing that's what you do, since the little squares don't do anything on my end (I think they would work if I used Firefox, but I'm generally too lazy to work 2 browsers at once). Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

actually the little square on the right is for highlighting the url for a picture that is on the net. It alows others to open that picture at its location. It doesn't allow you to insert an actual picture into your post, just it's location.I use firefox maybe that's the problem.
                    WHO FARTLEK"D ?
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, I am trying this in FF to see what it does:

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looks like it will insert the actual photo. Are you trying to insert link URLs or graphic URLs with those tags? k

~ Sarah Kay

I've just been trying to right click on a photo on my own hard drive and hit copy and then enter a post and hit paste. Nothing happens. It will let me copy and paste text but not jpegs
                          WHO FARTLEK"D ?
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've just been trying to right click on a photo on my own hard drive and hit copy and then enter a post and hit paste. Nothing happens. It will let me copy and paste text but not jpegs
                            Ahhh...that's the problem. You need to use the URL from an image already online, ie the http://... For instance, the URL for that image I posted is http://www.sanford-artedventures.com/study/images/cassatt_bath_l.jpg In order for an image on your hard-drive to show here you first have to upload it to some piece of webspace, then right-click for the properties (the URL), then paste the URL for that image between the img tags. Does that make any sense? k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's an example of a thread where we have grabbed lots of shots from all over the net and inserted them into posts: http://www.runningahead.com/frm_topic.aspx?id=06a63e99ecb44c79bcb52a4f7fef9588 Notice that some are broken...that's because either the photo is no longer at that location, or the host has blocked hotlinking (which is essentially what a person has to do to post an image). k

~ Sarah Kay

Ahhh...that's the problem. You need to use the URL from an image already online, ie the http://... For instance, the URL for that image I posted is http://www.sanford-artedventures.com/study/images/cassatt_bath_l.jpg In order for an image on your hard-drive to show here you first have to upload it to some piece of webspace, then right-click for the properties (the URL), then paste the URL for that image between the img tags. Does that make any sense? k
                                Makes sense exept for paste between img tags. not sure what img tags are?
                                WHO FARTLEK"D ?