How about a glossary of terms for us newbies? (Read 870 times)

It could be a Wiki glossary, so we can all build it as we go.
    Will be weightlifting and running to get into the best shape I can before turning 40. Here are my progress pictures: http://tinyurl.com/584qwt
    Scout7

Could we maybe make a postie in one of the forums as a temporary solution?
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Eric: perhaps this could go in your "help" page? (Note: link to help page is on upper right hand corner of screen. It took me a year to notice this one... Roll eyes )

Roads were made for journeys...

That sounds cool. A running wiki! - R
          vicentefrijole

Very cool idea. Big grin

You'll ruin your knees!

It could be a Wiki glossary, so we can all build it as we go.
              I suggest the first term should be "stubbies" Tongue Clowning around Cool Evil grin click on the video... http://flatrock.org.nz/topics/animation/stubbies.htm

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

eric :)

This is definitely a great idea. The only trouble is that integrating an existing wiki into the site is not easy. The alternative, which is to create one myself, is also not easy. Knowing me, I'll probably end up building one myself because it's harder (and thus more rewarding and more fun). Before that, I need to add searching to this place first.
                  I know you cannot currently pin a thread (or at least I cannot currently do so!), but maybe we could have a pinned thread where we can add definitions or request definitions of running terms. Probably not elegant enough for Eric's wonderfully high standards for this site, but I think it may work.
                    I know you cannot currently pin a thread (or at least I cannot currently do so!), but maybe we could have a pinned thread where we can add definitions or request definitions of running terms. Probably not elegant enough for Eric's wonderfully high standards for this site, but I think it may work.
                    Never mind, I figured out how to sticky. So it is possible, if Eric wants to take this approach. Cool