What races are you currently registered for? (Read 1066 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just bit the bullet and finally got around to registering for a 10 mile race next month and a 25k (largest in the US) in mid-May. Eek! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

New Bedford Half. Sunday. I don't like to register in advance for races but this is a grand prix race and I saved $10 by signing up by the end of Feb...I think it was.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

a 25k (largest in the US) in mid-May.
        River Bank Run in GR? If so, great race. Well organized and a lot of fun... And a very thoughtfully located Porta-John right around the 10k mark Shocked (at least in 1990)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

RunningHammer

I got a 10k around our local zoo in April (story is they let the big cats out to make us run faster Wink ). Should be a fun day out with the kids coming along for a picnic after. Then a big half marathon 'up north' in September called the Great North Run....then 1 month later the matching 10miler 'down south' called the Great South Run. that'll do me for this year ... hopefully i'll get the London Marathon for next year!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

River Bank Run in GR? If so, great race. Well organized and a lot of fun... And a very thoughtfully located Porta-John right around the 10k mark Shocked (at least in 1990)
            Yep! Will be my longest race, yet, and it's the 30th anniversary one. I paid an extra $15 for the Brooks technical T. The GR Marathon (I ran the half) this past fall gave all participants Brooks long-sleeve technical shirts and it is my very favorite top. I wear it ALL the time. Plus, who needs another stinkin' cotton race T? Wink I'm gonna have to watch for that porta-john, though I can proudly say that I haven't yet had the need to "go" during a race. I'm slow enough as is, so I try REALLY hard to make sure that my tanks are emptied pre-race (well-timed coffee really helps). Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

New Bedford Half. Sunday. I don't like to register in advance for races but this is a grand prix race and I saved $10 by signing up by the end of Feb...I think it was.
              I have never registered on race day. Maybe someday. For now my race fees keep me motivated. I know the GR Marathon has a sliding fee that increases every few months the closer it gets to race day. This year I plan to register when it is still at the least expensive level. k

~ Sarah Kay

I am running my second 5k tomorrow! My first was just on March 4.
                ---- Cynthia
                Scout7

Currently? 10k trail race tomorrow; Bald Eagle Megatransect; Baltimore Marathon; Philly Triathlon.

The voice of mile 18

only Broad St 10 Miler in may. I may do one or two 5k's before hand and will probably be the very last person to sign up

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am not yet registered for the HM I am running tomorrow. I am not yet registered for the 5k I am running in 2 weeks. I am registered for Flying Pig and Grandma's marathons in late Spring. I am not yet registered for my goal marathon, Country Music Marathon, at the end of April. I am perennially registered for November's Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon.
                      va

Charlottesville 10 Miler - 3/31/07 Charlottesville Half-Marathon - 4/21/07 Richmond Marathon - 11/10/07
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am perennially registered for November's Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon.
                          Well, I would hope so! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm gonna have to watch for that porta-john, though I can proudly say that I haven't yet had the need to "go" during a race.
                            I'm proud to say that the pit-stop only cost me 1m31s (and saved immeasurable pride) , which isn't much in a 15.5 mile race...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dog-Love

April: Herbert Glacier 10K, AK July: Eaglecrest 5 Mile, AK August: Frank Maier HM, AK October Bizz Johnson Marathon, CA Someday it would be fun to add...November's Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon.
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Wasatch Speedgoat

April: Zane Gray 50 mile, AZ. http://www.zanegrey50.com/ May: Jemez 50 Mile, NM. http://www.highaltitudeathletics.org/JemezMt.htm (This one is near my house) Smile June: San Juan Solstice 50 Mile, Co. http://www.lakecity50.com/index.htm July: Hardrock 100, Co. http://run100s.com/HR/ The 50's all lead up to the 100, which is my major focus every year. When that's done, my hope is to recover within a month and then run the Duke City Marathon in ABQ. to qualify for Boston for the first time in over 10 years. I have run Boston as a qualified runner 13 times. Running Duke City all depends on how I survive the Spring and Summer. Dead

Life is short, play hard!