Stoned Runners??(Best time of the day to run is 4:20 am or pm.) (Read 4481 times)

Guitarguy28

This may hit a few tension cords in those super loyal....maybe old timer views on true runners. But i dont think there is a better feeling in this world better than going on a long run as high as a kite. Maybe someone will agree with me. Please say something. Peace,Yes
      Legality aside... It hasn't been part of my lifestyle for decades. I haven't run high since the first Reagan administration. I remember getting lost on the roads a few times. I used to think it was a waste of the buzz. It just burns off. Nowadays, where pot's so much stronger than it used to be, I'd think it could put extra strain on your heart too. I think I read somewhere that smoking is bad for you too. Live & let live, though. It beats smoking & driving...
      Guitarguy28

I can totally understand where ur coming from and ur in a completely different stage of life than i am right now i think. I am jus turning 21 and i am a product of the the late 80's early 90's culture for teen age anst and the word "emo" its a very different world where everyone! is on something whether it by tylenol arthritis glucosomine condroiten or eveh Chai tea. Everyone as a vice and is addicted to something. Take love a an example it is scientificly proven that love is addictive and that its merely a chemical addiction, a response to being trully moved by someone elses energy, ur counter argument to that would probably" see you can get high n just love, no need for some sort of magical herb, pot for some people and be a very introspect substance that actually let the thoughts in ur head out and become more that a synaptic firing and an actual entity, maybe i have mild a.d.d or maybe it actually benefits me in some odd way. either way i respect everyones decision to be an individual and take every road they see fit and leading the way through this minor stage in life of physicallity. May the force be with you.
        kcam

I'm like Pete - haven't done that since the late 70's. Think Jeff Spicoli. Back then I wasn't a runner - I was a lazy-assed pot smoker, so I wouldn't know how it feels to run stoned. Getting pot (and the friends that smoked abused it) out of my life was one of the best things I ever did. Maybe a one-in-a-while toke or two wouldn't hurt if that's how you use it.
            Everyone as a vice and is addicted to something. Take love a an example
            It is definitely addicting, but surely you wouldn't call it a vice? Wink

Queen of 3rd Place

I'm like Pete - haven't done that since the late 70's. Think Jeff Spicoli. Back then I wasn't a runner - I was a lazy-assed pot smoker, so I wouldn't know how it feels to run stoned. Getting pot (and the friends that smoked abused it) out of my life was one of the best things I ever did. .
              +1

Ex runner

Teresadfp

One day at a time

The ONE advantage to being raised in a ridiculously strict, fundamentalist family was that when I rebelled, it was pretty mild ("Ha, I'll show them - I'll go to an R-rated movie and then go dancing!!"). I knew if I ever got caught smoking pot I would be disowned! I wonder what percentage of people my age never used illegal drugs? Thanks, Mom and Dad!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The ONE advantage to being raised in a ridiculously strict, fundamentalist family was that when I rebelled, it was pretty mild ("Ha, I'll show them - I'll go to an R-rated movie and then go dancing!!"). I knew if I ever got caught smoking pot I would be disowned! I wonder what percentage of people my age never used illegal drugs? Thanks, Mom and Dad!
                  So you didn't go all PK ("preacher's kid"...let me tell you stories about some kids I knew growing up whose dads were ministers...talk about go big or go home...Shocked), huh? Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

So you didn't go all PK ("preacher's kid"...let me tell you stories about some kids I knew growing up whose dads were ministers...talk about go big or go home...Shocked), huh? Wink
                    No, I think I was too scared! Actually, I respect my parents a LOT for their beliefs. My dad manages to find a congregation to worship with every Sunday no matter where in the world he is (from Scotland to South Africa, etc.). He really does live by his faith, and I never wanted to disappoint him. I'm just trying to figure out what to do when our kids get married and want to have dancing and alcohol at their weddings! Oh, well, maybe they'll just live with their SOs and really freak everyone out! Shocked Wink
                      Dude...if I tried to run stoned I'd probably take 2 strides and fall on my face. I remember not really being able to make it across the porch. Pot must have gotten stronger since your decade... Clowning around
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm just trying to figure out what to do when our kids get married and want to have dancing and alcohol at their weddings! Oh, well, maybe they'll just live with their SOs and really freak everyone out! Shocked Wink
                        DH's grandpa and grandma are/were (grandpa died about a decade ago) teetotalers (family still hides the booze when grandma is around). And grandpa was a Christian Reformed minister (those are some SUPER conservative folks)...he married us. But we still had dancing and alcohol at the wedding...but it was a cash bar, so we didn't pay for that alcohol...that was our compromise to keep the family peace.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jazz hands!

I can totally understand where ur coming from and ur in a completely different stage of life than i am right now i think. I am jus turning 21 and i am a product of the the late 80's early 90's culture for teen age anst and the word "emo" its a very different world where everyone! is on something whether it by tylenol arthritis glucosomine condroiten or eveh Chai tea. Everyone as a vice and is addicted to something. Take love a an example it is scientificly proven that love is addictive and that its merely a chemical addiction, a response to being trully moved by someone elses energy, ur counter argument to that would probably" see you can get high n just love, no need for some sort of magical herb, pot for some people and be a very introspect substance that actually let the thoughts in ur head out and become more that a synaptic firing and an actual entity, maybe i have mild a.d.d or maybe it actually benefits me in some odd way. either way i respect everyones decision to be an individual and take every road they see fit and leading the way through this minor stage in life of physicallity. May the force be with you.
                          I hear posting high on RA is also excellent. Running stoned seems like it could be fun, sort of, but it also tends to jack my heartrate up when I'm just sitting there watching Adult Swim and I don't think running like that would be the best of ideas.
                          run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Jazz hands!

Dude...if I tried to run stoned I'd probably take 2 strides and fall on my face. I remember not really being able to make it across the porch. Pot must have gotten stronger since your decade... Clowning around
                            Haha--me too. Since the first time I've learned to abide by the "one hit is enough" rule, because then I can at least function.
                            run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                              No, I think I was too scared! Actually, I respect my parents a LOT for their beliefs. My dad manages to find a congregation to worship with every Sunday no matter where in the world he is (from Scotland to South Africa, etc.). He really does live by his faith, and I never wanted to disappoint him. I'm just trying to figure out what to do when our kids get married and want to have dancing and alcohol at their weddings! Oh, well, maybe they'll just live with their SOs and really freak everyone out! Shocked Wink
                              That is so cool! I would love to meet your Dad - he sounds like an awesome person.
                              ohhhhhh I did NOT just read that... Shocked
                                But i dont think there is a better feeling in this world better than going on a long run as high as a kite. Maybe someone will agree with me. Please say something. Peace,Yes
                                This strikes me as sorta funny. I mean, I know everyone's got their thing and I respect that too, but what about that runner's high. Getting high off drugs and then running is like...I don't know. Having someone squirt you with a hose while you're in the swimming pool! Smile