Parrot Predictor (Read 1626 times)

sunkid

It would be great to have a Parrot Predictor feature, which would calculate the fastest time over any 26.2 miles in a given week. I realize that this is dependent on GPS and/or mile splits functionality, which is not yet there. However, I think it would be a great tool to have!
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In my case, you might want to use my 26.2 slowest miles.
      eric :)

Trent, you just wanted to have your name across all forums tonight, didn't you? I can definitely add the Parrot Predictor. It would be neat to have a canned analysis page and have this as one of the reports. However, I won't be adding any new features until the GPS upload is done. The ability to select specific entries to upload added a little wrinkle and will take a little more time.
        HermosaBoy

Trent, you just wanted to have your name across all forums tonight, didn't you? I can definitely add the Parrot Predictor. It would be neat to have a canned analysis page and have this as one of the reports. However, I won't be adding any new features until the GPS upload is done. The ability to select specific entries to upload added a little wrinkle and will take a little more time.

I know -- Zombie thread.

My training partner and I were talking about this last night and how it would be great to have...

Sorry to drag this up from so long ago, but I don't think it was ever implemented.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I'd like to take this opportunity to request a Little Wayne Splits Parroter, which will read back your splits in Little Wayne's voice. Something along these lines.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

HermosaBoy

I'd like to take this opportunity to request a Little Wayne Splits Parroter, which will read back your splits in Little Wayne's voice. Something along these lines.

I could do without the Lil Wayve splits parroter, but a Parrott Predictor would be appreciated...

Rob

Ostrich runner

I would like a marathon predictor for all manner of bipedal birds and dinosaurs.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

HermosaBoy

Still leaning for the Parrott Predictor.

Other bipedal birds and dinosaurs would be an added feature from my perspective...

Rob

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, I would want John Wayne's voice... since we're in the Wayne neighborhood.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

HermosaBoy

Well, I would want John Wayne's voice... since we're in the Wayne neighborhood.

I am still looking to have the system do a Parrott Calculation based on my 26.2 fastest miles in a week...

I know -- selfish!!!

For other people's uses, could be:

Little Wayne

John Wayne

Patrick Wayne

Bruce Wayne

Wayne Campbell

Wayne Gretzky

Wayne Rooney

Wayne Newton

Wayne Rodgers

Wayne Osmond

Rob

HermosaBoy

Bump

Rob

Bump for the Damon Wayans Predictor thingie.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

GatsbyBird

And since this has been resurrected, may I add that I have three parrots and they can be quite unpredictable.  I'm skeptical about this parrot predictor but willing to give it a shot.

3/30/24 Rattlesnake Dick 25k, Cool, CA

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

HermosaBoy

Any updates?

Rob

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Let me ask a clarifying question, in case I don't understand this.

Suppose I ran:

• 10mi easy on Monday
                                • 5mi tempo on Tuesday
                                • 10mi easy on Wednesday,
                                • 6mi steady-state on Thursday

The Parrot Predictor would use most of my Monday run, all of my Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday runs, to say how fast a "marathon" I ran, albeit with overnight aid station breaks?

Is there utility in this, or is this just for giggles?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.