Show Maps not working (Read 1333 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The map search tool at http://runningahead.com/tools/show_maps is not working for me. Pretty consistently. It always shows my home town - this is fine It takes FOREVER to show any maps - bad Whenever I enter a new town to search, it never goes to that town - really bad When I zoom out, pan to and find the town, then zoom back in, the map markers flicker - just weird So then I give up and click on the link to go to http://runningahead.com/tools/map_find_maps, but I miss the other. Thanks Camino / Firefox on Mac OSX 10.4 and Firefox on XP SP2
    eric :)

Hi Trent! Thank you so much for helping me solve the problem. I've been struggling with this problem for the last month or so. You can read more about it. Because of something you said, it helped me narrow down the problem and fix it. It should be speedy again. eric Smile
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sweet, thank you! Much better now. However, when I go to Rocheester, MN, pan south to the city and then hit map zoom level 5, the marker for the single map I see blinks on then off. Any ideas? Great work!!! T

Trent, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Maybe I wasn't looking at the right map? Maybe it's a Mac problem? Get a PC! Big grin
          shmah

I just started having a similar problem. When I try and go to New Course, it just freezes up. I also tried your suggestion of going to tools to find maps. When I click on tools, it also freezes up. This just started the last week. Anyone have any suggestions.
            Al1

Ditto on map problems. I can't veiw any of my course. I get a page error message when the course is loading. The page sometimes loads, but no map. The page freezes up a lot too. IE 7.0 Al

Grr!!! I think I have a theory to what's causing it, but I need some help. Do you guys know the approximate date of when the problem started happening?
                Al1

I have been laid up with an injury for several months now so don't frequent the site very often now. Yesterday, I was showing the site to a co-worker and wanted to show them one of my courses when I found the problem. So, I can't help on a specific date.
                  Al1

After posting my last reply, I clicked on one of my courses and up it popped. So, we're back in business. Thanks Eric!!!

After posting my last reply, I clicked on one of my courses and up it popped. So, we're back in business. Thanks Eric!!!
                      Al, This is a tough bug. I'm not sure what's causing it. It's very sporadic. Please keep an eye out for it and let me know if there's any pattern to when it happens.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It takes FOREVER to show any maps - bad
                        This is happening again. Sad

This is happening again. Sad
                          Hi Trent, I did more tinkering with it and found and fixed more bottlenecks. Let me know if it happens again. eric Smile
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is locking up on me right know!!! first had the problem on Wednesday the 23rd, but I have not created any new maps lately. By the way it is freezing up on my PC...my MAC is working as of wednesday.

Dang it. I thought I shook that bug. I have noticed that it's not happening as frequently recently. Perhaps Google made more changes?