Allergies to a shoe? (Read 641 times)

A lady here at work bought a pair of Nike running shoes, model unspecified. She wore them sans any socks. In short order her feet looked like the worst case of poison ivy I have ever seen in the perfect outline of a shoe on both feet. Her doctor says the shoes are certainly the culprit and has her on medication to cure it. It will take 10 days at least from what her feet look like!! Anyone else ever have this problem

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Yikes! I've never had (or heard of) anyone with this problem, but I know you can be alergic to rubber (haha, that always makes me thinks of condoms). But ... why didn't she wear socks with them? Was she wearing them for running or for recreation? Either way, yikes!
      2009: BQ?
        She has a weight problem that she is really attempting to over come and uses the shoe at the gym. The no socks comes from the wieght problem, they cut into her feet. She has reached the point that this should not be a problem as WAS going to go back to socks. Her feet are so bad that she should NOT be walking on them let alone be here at work. Basicely her feet are each just giant blisters. If I didn't know better I'd say someone stuffed them with poison ivy/oak in store!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Ouch. Cry
          2009: BQ?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, how miserable! Can she return the shoes? I wonder what would be in that particular shoe that would be different than any other shoe? I hope she can wear socks soon. I still remember how nasty my shoes would get when I was a dumbass in HS and actually chose to wear canvas Tretorns without socks...barf. If she finds out what's causing the reaction let us know. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My dad had similar issues. I think his allergies were mainly related to the glues, but in extreme situations, he also had reactions to some chemicals used in the tanning process.
              The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
              http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com
                My father has/had contact dermatitis issues with a pair of boots he purchased several years back. His legs are still marred.

Vim