Pace bunny for 1367 mile group and possibly making YTD distance an group option (Read 1480 times)

Dear Eric, The new 1367 mile group currently has three members, I wonder would it be possible for us to get a pace bunny (YTD Distance). Equipped with a pace bunny, we will certainly attract more members. 1367 miles is an odd number (pun intended), we use that number so that the group pace bunny will run a marathon (26.2 miles) every week. I wonder if we can separate the yearly-distance groups out from training groups and put the yearly-distance groups into a distance group category. For the distance groups, the YTD Distance can be an option that the group owner can turn on. Sincerely Denali
    MrH

How much have you donated to help Eric prioritize this request among the many others? Smile

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A marathon is actually 26 miles, 385 yards (26.21875 miles). So 1367 on the dot will be a tad short (1367.12). You may want to bump it up to 1368.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

A marathon is actually 26 miles, 385 yards (26.21875 miles). So 1367 on the dot will be a tad short (1367.12). You may want to bump it up to 1368.
          Why not make it 1367.12?
            Oh well it is because the bunny is a cheater, at least that is the excuse I am using Big grin. Like it to be an odd number though for the pun purpose...
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Why not make it 1367.12?
              Because you're still short . Go to 1367.13 and you'll be over the top (by about 50 ft).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Now you reminded me, I will budget that in the next cycle (pay check)
                How much have you donated to help Eric prioritize this request among the many others? Smile
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Oh well it is because the bunny is a cheater, at least that is the excuse I am using Big grin..
                  They are indeed vermin.

Because you're still short . Go to 1367.13 and you'll be over the top (by about 50 ft).
                    Actually, most marathon courses are measured 40-50 meters long in order to get certified, so it's more than 26 miles and 385 yards anyway.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Go Pre!

and once tangents are not run to their most optimmal points, most marathons wil actually make runners travel more like 26.4 miles. Factor that.
                        and once tangents are not run to their most optimmal points, most marathons wil actually make runners travel more like 26.4 miles. Factor that.
                        Just make sure to use your Garmin.
                          I read that most marathon runners actually run 30 or more miles during their race, due to uncontrollable horizontal and vertical sway caused by bad vision.
                          For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.
                            I read that most marathon runners actually run 30 or more miles during their race, due to uncontrollable horizontal and vertical sway caused by bad vision.
                            Properly trained runners don't need to be soused to run 26.2 miles.
                            xor

Properly trained runners don't need to be soused to run 26.2 miles.
                              No. But it certainly makes it more interesting.

eric :)

Gosh, you guys are viscious! denali, There are already too many training groups with the pace bunny feature. The goal of the pace bunny is to get people together and encourage them to be more active in the forums and groups. Having another group may dilute participation. I am imposing an arbitary minimum of 50 members in a distance group in order to get a pace bunny. eric :-)