Social Running App (Read 137 times)

Elad

Hey Guys,

I'm developing a social running app and would love to get your support and feedback.

There are so many smartphone apps in the market but none of them is trying to make the run more enjoyable and socialize. 

We are trying to achieve that with Ekidens and create a new running experience. 

Hope to get your feedback:

http://www.ekidens.com

Thanks,

Elad

I need a "social running app" the way I need a sucking chest wound. But good luck.

Feeling the growl again

I think the social running app market is already cornered.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Elad

Spaniel - why do you think so?

none of the apps out there lets you run with friends at the same time or have the mission of creating a more fun running experience.

I can agree that the other apps are great and very successful but they are manly tracks your run and enable you to share it with friends and not really changes the way you actually jog.

Not dead. Yet.

I think its a bit gimmicky.  Also, I run to get away from all the technology I deal with everyday.  I don't want any more blips and beeps than I already deal with.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Feeling the growl again

none of the apps out there lets you run with friends at the same time or have the mission of creating a more fun running experience.

I can agree that the other apps are great and very successful but they are manly tracks your run and enable you to share it with friends and not really changes the way you actually jog.

You obviously didn't click the link.

And, nothing would change the way I jog because I don't jog.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Julia1971

Once again I get to come across as an app hater but doesn't Nike+ allow you to do this? Granted you have to buy the shoe do-hickey with Nike+ but the pool of people to socialize with would be larger. I actually like the idea though. Sounds like a good way to pick up chicks. Wink

Elad

You obviously didn't click the link.

And, nothing would change the way I jog because I don't jog.

the link didn't work

No Talent Drips

the link didn't work

Oh snap!  It. Is. On.

Dei Gratia

Feeling the growl again

the link didn't work

Strange. Well, it is now.  It links to www.runningahead.com.  To me being social means interacting with real people, whom I have met and interacted with on this site.  We also set up friendly competitions and challenges with each other, and meet up at races.  We sometimes run together (for real) or meet up for beers.

I use some apps but I don't see what you are offering being a social improvement over what this site enables.

I need a "social running app" the way I need a sucking chest wound. But good luck.

+1

That app is pretty much the antithesis of the point of running for me.

Kalsarikännit

I think the social running app market is already cornered.

But have you seen the people on that site?  Freaks.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

dennrunner

Hey Guys,

I'm developing a social running app and would love to get your support and feedback.

There are so many smartphone apps in the market but none of them is trying to make the run more enjoyable and socialize. 

We are trying to achieve that with Ekidens and create a new running experience. 

Hope to get your feedback:

http://www.ekidens.com

Thanks,

Elad

Let me know when you have an app that will let me run and have sex at the same time.

I have an "app" that lets me run with friends.  It's called a "running club" and there are extensions for it called "training runs."  Sometimes they are followed with "food" or "drink" add-ons.

I'm honestly a bit befuddled about what your app is supposed to do.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                              Emil Zatopek

Feeling the growl again

But have you seen the people on that site?  Freaks.

Hey, I resemble that remark.