January Goals (Read 958 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

1) remain injury-free 2) continue gradually ramping up miles 3) improve eating - working towards the food pyramid as a guide

Roads were made for journeys...

Great idea! January goals: 1. Don't hurt myself 2. Run ~120 miles 3. Get faster! 1. Is the most important by far. If I accomplish the other two but fail at 1 then that's no good for next month. If I accomplish 2. then I'll automatically achieve 3, I think.

sean

Half Fanatic #846

Let's see- January goals: 1. Run 140 miles (this month was 115) 2. Run at least 4x/week minimum 3. Stick with Low Heart Rate Training without exception 4. Long run of 18 miles (longest so far is 15.6) 5. Get down to under 160# 6. Celebrate my 49th BD enjoy the 12th annual celebration of my 49th BD! No, wait - that's in Sept. I'm sleepy now... Sleepy

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Slow-smooth-fast

Let's see- January goals: 1. Run 140 miles (this month was 115) 3. Stick with Low Heart Rate Training without exception 4. Long run of 18 miles (longest so far is 15.6) I'm sleepy now... Sleepy
          Come and join the Low HR training group, I hae got my first 250 mile month doing Low HR training exclusively, and my longest run has gone to 20 miles. Seen a big improvement in pace too. Well, in the new year, with another 28lbs off I should be flying.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

1) Start running consistenly again after 3 surgeries in 2007 2) Suppliment my running with more biking 3) Continue running after birth of first child, due 1/25
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

1) Start running consistenly again after 3 surgeries in 2007 2) Suppliment my running with more biking 3) Continue running after birth of first child, due 1/25
              Good luck with the baby! You're smart to resolve to keep running after the birth. I wish I had been that smart! Just don't be shy in asking for help to make your runs happen. Teresa

Rim Rock Dad

Right. Here we go again. Black eye 1. Get back up to 500 miles for the year. 2. Get faster. Hope to finish a half marathon in under 2 hrs. 3. Participate in a duathlon. Already pricing tires for the mountain bike. 4. Run the Mt. Evans Ascent. http://www.racingunderground.com/mtevans/index.html 5. Run the Denver Marathon. Full length this time. 6. Run in the Rim Rock Run. 22 miles, 1700 feet in elevation from startto midway point. www.rimrockrun.org I'm actually looking forward to making my goals this year. Last year, I had good excuses for slacking at the beginning of '07. I had run my first marathon in Oct. '06 (5:11), and took way too much time off from running (I didn't run for 2 weeks Angry ). This time, I can't blame it on too much snow and ice on the roads (Yaktrax are good for that). And, I got my sister hooked on running Evil grin . Almost annoying, really. She's always calling me to see if I can sign up for the race every weekend. Roll eyes
                James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                  Here goes - 1 - Run 120 + km's 2 - Lose 1.5 kilos 3 - Play tennis at least twice a week (depends if the club courts get re layered though) 4 - Stretches twices a week 5 - Take the opportunity for a sea swim when the conditions are good for it 6 - Bike ride once or twice a week. 7 - Do a weekend hike 8 - Drink a bottle of bubbly with DP once a week Big grin I did a road bike ride today and have a run scheduled for tomorrow...
                  free happiness with every moment!
                  db7

Hey running dad, I am planning to run Denver in October as well. Hope the weather is better this year. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

1. run 80 miles 2. lose 5 lbs 3. do all my p90x workouts 4. incorporate shorter speed intervals into my training. I usually just do mile repeats but I want to add some 800s and 400s
                      2009 Goals: Under 4 hr marathon reach and maintain 125 lbs PR in at least 3 distances 1300 miles Complete my first Ultra
                      smc3720

My only goal for January: Get back to running in Feb. after surgery. Cry
                          1. Up mileage to 30km/week 2. Run 4x week 3. Eat more sensibly 4. Drink less beer Sad 5. Make sure I keep running while I'm on holiday and away for work

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Yes and I miss it! I didn't run much in december so I don't think I posted my goals... so... January Goals: 1. Get back on Track with OHR 2. Run 4 times a week 3. Stretch or do Yoga daily 4. Drink more water 5. Loose 4-8 pounds editing to add in last goal 6. Run Tradition Run on January 20th (5K run up a mountain, no time we all get a certificate and patch for completing run!)
                            -Jen
                            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                            The Plodder

1. Stick to Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Programme - week 1 is going fine so far! 2. Distance targetswill take care of itself if stick to #1 3. 1 weights workout per week will take care of itself if stick to #1 4. Eat better - have a take-away by all means - just not more than once per week! 5. Don't assume the role of 'garbage disposal unit' for the chocolates that the kids got for Christmas but will not eat!! 6. Get more sleep - i love reading, but before i know it it's 1 a.m.