I can run 10 miles!!!!! (Read 1149 times)

This may not seem like a big deal, especially since I DID run 26.2 miles 9 months ago. But 9 months and a knee injury later, and I was seriously afraid I wouldn't be able to run long distances again. You can look at my log and see how much my mileage dropped as I've tried to slowly get back at it. Well, this Sunday I did it. 9.86 miles in Huntington Beach (on vacation, no less). Took Monday off, and ran 6 more today. The best part (aside from just being able to do it) is that I ran the first half at 9:14/mile and the second half at 8:11/mile. And? NO KNEE PAIN. Big grin I can't even begin to describe the relief. Running helped me lose 90 pounds and has since been a major confidence booster. I don't know what I'd do if I had to quit at this point. Cry Now I just need to take care of myself, and hopefully I'll be able to make it through CIM in December.
    "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
      Congratulations! All good news. Smile

Michelle

Nice! Best on doing your next marathon. Thanks for again for posting that MSN bit. Oh... It's a big deal! Especially if you get a fix from physical exercise. My knee has just recently been feeling better. When I don't run I go into this withdrawn state... not as hard as an addiction withdraw but it gets close sometimes. Issue I have now is my spine....might be that I do not do as much stretching... whatever the case I probably need to see a doctor...

Vim

This may not seem like a big deal, especially since I DID run 26.2 miles 9 months ago. But 9 months and a knee injury later, and I was seriously afraid I wouldn't be able to run long distances again. You can look at my log and see how much my mileage dropped as I've tried to slowly get back at it. Well, this Sunday I did it. 9.86 miles in Huntington Beach (on vacation, no less). Took Monday off, and ran 6 more today. The best part (aside from just being able to do it) is that I ran the first half at 9:14/mile and the second half at 8:11/mile. And? NO KNEE PAIN. Big grin I can't even begin to describe the relief. Running helped me lose 90 pounds and has since been a major confidence booster. I don't know what I'd do if I had to quit at this point. Cry Now I just need to take care of myself, and hopefully I'll be able to make it through CIM in December.
          WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO Congrats Callie! I see a start of a new trend on your milage graph!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sweet!!! I'll bet that 10 miles feels better than anything! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, Callie! That's the best news Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Great news, Callie! Big grin
                2009: BQ?
                  Thanks guys! Now I need to tame the inner speed demon and remember that if I come back too fast I'll get hurt again. Dead After all these weeks of taking it slow, I'd like to just go for a 20 miler this weekend to make up for it. *sigh* Don't worry, I'll be a good girl and only do 12. Wink
                  "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian