Calling rockenmamof5's abs workout (Read 1884 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

As I am still slimming down I am desperatley trying to get abs. They are sort of coming(in the right light I can see a 4 pack!). rockenmamof5's if you are there, share some tips with us please about how you got your washboard. Anyone else care to chip in, lets use this thread for perhaps exercise routines, diet etc, and pictures(progress etc). I will go first, and as you can seem the stomach needs a lot of work, but remember I have come from 266lbs in less than a year, and still have like another 21 to lose. And here is me performing a stomach vacuum, which helps make your waist smaller. Simply, blow out all the air quickly, and then when you have no air left, suck in your stomach as much as you can, and hold for up to 20 seconds, then get oyur breath again, and repeat. Perfrom 3 sets of 3 working up to 20 seconds each. It works, for more info do a search on google for stomach vacuum.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Slow-smooth-fast

Come on guys, please contribute.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I think that we just don't know what to say...... I am pretty sure that you'd get more response without the photos. I understand your question, but it's just too much information and it makes people click away. Good luck, Jilly
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know in the past Pam has said that the biggest key to her abs definition is having low enough body fat. I think elasticity of skin plays a role, too. Some of us have lost a lot of weight and/or had kids and were not blessed with particularly elastic skin, so if you have a lot of loose skin that isn't shrinking, that will not help with ab definition, either (only thing that can really help in that situation is to have the excess skin removed surgically, unfortunately). I personally have a "flap" that won't disappear no matter how thin I am (a few years back I was 20#s smaller than I am now after losing 60#s and my belly almost looks better with some fat to inflate the skin, unfortunately).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Pam carried twins. Seriously, she carried five kids and gets a six pack whilst looking after them all. I have four kids so I am in a very good position to completely worship her for that achievement. Pam is awesomest and awesomest in first place with her abs! I bet Pam does a lot of ab work. You could try that.
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Now that was a bath...

Eddy - I forgot to say that you are also awesomest for your weight loss. And that four pack - I see it too.
                Couldn't you at least remove the photo with your zipper down? A little disctracting Shocked Shocked Shocked
                Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Yes. Eddy - please consider what you're posting. You have a right to be proud of your accomplishments. But you need to be more "conservative" in your posts. Try asking what you would want both an 85 year old grandmother, a 6 year old girl reading over her mother's shoulder, and a 13 year old junior high school runner to see. You are in a public space here. You need to moderate appropriately. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Now that was a bath...

I don't know Eddy. I sucked for England but all I could achieve was this. Suggestions?
                      Eddy, I have had great luck with leg lifts. Seriously. When ever I have extra weight around my middle, I just throw leg lifts into my workout and within a couple of weeks the extra weight ("love handles") goes away.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

btb1490

The February issue of Runner's World had a pretty in depth article about achieving that 6 pack.

Another Passion

ROFL... sorry Eddy, but these people crack me up! What a hoot! Big grin Good luck in adding to your 4-pack, Eddy. You've done an awesome job! Wink

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hawt and sexy

I don't think rocken has an ab workout. i think she just looks like that. I still don't get the pic. It must be a guy thing.

I'm touching your pants.

Lazy idiot

I don't think rocken has an ab workout. i think she just looks like that.
                              Really?!? Confused I'd be willing to guess she put a ton of work into those abs. Just sayin'

Tick tock