Am I obligated to run? (Read 693 times)

Suck it up and run

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

mikeymike

Unless I had a major scheduling conflict I'd probably just go run it and do a long warmup and long cooldown. A 5K race is one of the best all around workouts there is--how can that not fit into your training?

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Another vote for volunteering.
          "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            Run. You'll probably get your picture in the paper.
            Do bears bear? Do bees be?
              I never pass up a local 5k. Probably 75% of the t-shirts I get at races are things I would never wear unless I'm cutting my grass or painting in them....I don't run for the shirts. As far as the 11 year olds, hey, the more people I pass the better, 11 years old or not. And yeah if you don't run, go volunteer. You owe it to all the people who let you run in the races you are interested in.