My upload stops at 50% (Read 58 times)

KenAVL

I use a Garmin Forerunner 110. I have two laptops, one of which is brand new and has Windows 8.  The other has Windows 7.

On New Year's Day I went for a run.  After that, I tried to upload the data.  I noticed that my upload stopped around 46 or 48%.  I tried it again with no success.  I have tried both laptops.  No luck.  I have tried it using Google Chrome, and I have tried it with Internet Explorer as my browser.  I get the same result every time.  It recognizes my Garmin.  It begins uploading data.  Then it stops uploading at about 46, 48, or 50%.    Today (Jan 3) it stopped at 50%.

I have tried clearing my cache (though I do that frequently anyway).

I have also deleted a few runs off of the Forerunner 110, though I don't think that it was anywhere near its data limit.  That didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Ken

eric :)

Hi KenAVL,

This is a common problem with the Communicator plugin if there are many workouts.  Try unselecting the new workouts only checkbox to upload all your workouts, which sounds like that's what you want to do anyhow.  Be sure to delete any duplicates before saving the workouts to your log.

eric Smile

KenAVL

Eric,

Thanks for your response.

However, I did try your suggestion, and I came up with the same result.  The upload always stops somewhere between 40% and 50%.

Do you have any other ideas?

KenAVL

eric :)

Could you click the black triangle on the importer dialog and send a message from there?  I'll be able to see what's going on with the info.

eric Smile

KenAVL

Eric,

OK.  I did that last night.  Please let me know if you figure something out.

KenAVL

KenAVL

I reset my Garmin, and it wiped out all the data on the Garmin.   Then I went for a couple of runs, and after that, I was able to upload the data from both of those runs.

So, resetting the Garmin (a master reset) proved to be a solution that worked.

Thanks, Eric!