Low Arch Neutral Gait (Read 743 times)

Prophet!

Bought a new pair of Asics Cumulus yesterday and the lady made a comment that i have the uncommon low arch feet but with a neutral (mildly supinator) gait...this explains a lot the last time i bought a shoe the person who just looked at my feet and saw that i have low arch and immediately suggest support shoes..two sprains later i realize he was wrong. Anyway, has anybody else has the same type of feet/running as i am and if so what kind of shoes do you run in...i am pretty comfortable in my cumulus and will run in them for my first marathon but i might try the Brooks Dyad 4 afterwards..
    carwol

I have exactly same prob, Salomon shoes most comfortable for everything else but I am currently running in Saucony Grid hightail XT 600(6months old), they have a silghtly lower shape round the back of your heel which seems to position your foot better.

Needs more cowbell!

I'm kind of like that...my arch is about halfway between normal and flat. I also supinate a bit, but not severely. I like my NB 1222s, but sometimes I think they are a tad more stable than I need. My 767s are more for mild-to-moderate stability and are really perfect. They are quite a bit lighter-weight than the 1222, too, but a little less cushy. They feel very different on, but I like them both. I also liked the 845, which I think has been replaced by the 846. Nice shoe, and fairly lightweight. I also have wide feet, so the NBs really work well for me, since I wear a women's D (which I think is an E in men's shoes). k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

I too have a very flat foot, and supinate, supposedly not a very common combination...I am extremely happy with my Mizuno Wave Rider (8). Version 9 and 10 are now available. I wanted a light weight cushioned road runner. I also like the toe room, and the air-cooling mesh. I'll stick with these on my next road pair. Haven't yet found a trail show I'm happy with, though.
          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado