What's best for rehydration after running? (Read 594 times)

Double Like.  Except the work part!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

MorisetteStevens

Low-fat Chocolate Milk. 

walkingahead

Theoretically, Pedialyte would rehydrate you fastest because it contains most sodium, which helps keep water in your body. But you can get enough sodium by drinking plain water and eating salty foods.

A list of rehydration options

You can also get all proteins, fats, minerals and vitamins with foods, so no need for special drinks.

I personally like a certain brand of sparkled mineral water that contains some sodium, which makes it tasty and more drinkable.

NHLA

IZZE   sparkling clementine

rhubarb lemonade

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            Hoban-Jay

Most any beverage...sans caffeine or alcohol...until well hydrated.

BeeRunB

I stay hydrated through the run, so don't need much water afterwards. I like a coffee on the way home after a race or a long run.  I like coffee before a run as well. And one about midnight, that's tasty. Coffee is great as my breakfast, and also after lunch and supper is pretty good. Post-coital coffee---fantastic. I like one at funerals, weddings, Braves games, airports, Whole Foods, Target, and when I walk to the mailbox to get the mail.  When I'm feeling naughty: with a Dunkin Donuts corn muffin. Always black, no sugar. I believe this practice helps my running. If you challenge this belief then you're just mean.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I stay hydrated through the run, so don't need much water afterwards. I like a coffee on the way home after a race or a long run.  I like coffee before a run as well. And one about midnight, that's tasty. Coffee is great as my breakfast, and also after lunch and supper is pretty good. Post-coital coffee---fantastic. I like one at funerals, weddings, Braves games, airports, Whole Foods, Target, and when I walk to the mailbox to get the mail.  When I'm feeling naughty: with a Dunkin Donuts corn muffin. Always black, no sugar. I believe this practice helps my running. If you challenge this belief then you're just mean.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

On average, probably water for hydration alone. But in hot weather, I like cold green tea. Medium weather, chocolate milk or similar. Cold weather hot cocoa. I'm not a fan of sugary stuff for recovery. The chocolatey milk stuff works well for recovery.

I like ice green tea, too.  Tazo Zen mint tea...so refreshing after a longer warm weather run.

Noticed that no one chose coffee.  It seems like a lot of biking and running groups stop at the coffee shop after the workout.  I tried iced coffee a couple of times after running and it was an ok recovery drink.  Of course since I don't drink coffee much I was bouncing off the walls for the rest of the day.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

I like a can of canned fruit chased down with a glass or two of water.  And I drink the liquid in the can.  Usually a 15 oz can, but once I had one of the larger cans.  Any type of fruit, this morning it was mandarin oranges.