Look who I met yesterday and at the PGH Spring Thaw race today! (Read 1077 times)

I look my best blurry!

My big accomplishment is learning how to post a photo.  I don't think Hal Higdon was as excited to meet me as I was to meet him.  

You coulda met me. I like meeting RA'ers. Maybe you did. I was at the M-Z preregistration table.

I didn't get to chat with him, but briefly met him afterward.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Would have loved to meet another RA member. 1:07:44 nice. Did you stop at 10 miles?

I went 10 in 1:14:35 and intended to go 10 more but my hip told me otherwise. I really wanted to earn that hat.

Great run and hope to meet you sometime. Picked up my registration at the store on Thurs.

Mike

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

nah. i kept going. i did 15 relatively at my goal marathon pace, and five relatively easy. so, 20.

i feel like i did some sort of freak duahtlhon, having come home to several inches to shovel that took some 45 minutes.

we'll meet sometime. my wife, some friends and I are doing a st. patty's race in zelienople in a couple weeks.

SMART Approach

Kristen

You look great!  Hal looks like he had a few Brewski's

I am sure it was great to meet him.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Kristen and Mike,

Sorry I didn't get to meet you guys.  I know we've corresponded on the Pittsburgh Marathon thread.

Dan, great time.  Congrats on the performance in relatively tough conditions.

Proud to say I had the 2nd worse race of my entire life.  Has anyone ever gotten a hamstring cramp?  That was a true joy to deal with for the final 12 miles. 

And I second the notion that Hal looks a like he drank a bottle of Crown Royal right before this photo was taken.

It was pretty cool to meet him.  He's defintely a legend...

I look my best blurry!

You don't get to meet someone that accomplished everyday.  It was cool.  In his defense, he really looked great except for this photo!  Mike took the shot and asked me if I wanted him to retake it.  I said "NO!  I look good!"  Sorry Hal!  He was still talking while I was saying "Cheese!"

dnephin-I'll still be aquarunning for the St. Patty's race.  I don't know if we will be there but Mike is going to run Just a Short Run in North Park next month.  We run at North Park all the time because it is only 3 miles away from out house.  We should plan to meet when we are going to be at the same race again.  Is your wife on RA?  

jcappozzoli-Again we have to plan to meet someday.  Bummer about the hamstring.  Haven't dealt with muscle spasms yet except for in the pool.  Did you go the full 20, too?  Toughing it out 12 miles, UGH!  I think Mike was freaked out about his hip because of me and my hip.  So funny that it was his hip and not something else.  Sympathy pains.   He is smarter  than me so he stopped.

Watching yesterday was fun but I want to race.  CAN NOT WAIT!  (But I will, OK TChuck and Nobby?!?!)  Headed to the Oxford Club for a "run" then home to watch hockey.  Go USA!

Wife's not on here. She doesn't have quite the addiction to running, let alone this place.

I look my best blurry!

Tell her it's a nice place!  I think I got into because I was a runner before my hubby.  Now he is more hooked than me to RA.  I am too busy taking care of his family.  Right dreamless?  Hey there!  Get off the computer and get the kids to bed!

I look my best blurry!

Wife's not on here. She doesn't have quite the addiction to running, let alone this place.

My perspective just changed about RA users.  Especially those in the 2000 mile user group.  Now I know what my DH loves to read.  Not what I've been reading....