Hiding Courses (Read 86 times)

How do I hide courses/routes? I want to eliminate some of them from the dropdown list when entering a new run. I have changed "Show only courses used in the last x months", but it still shows all the old courses. I tried deleting from the list of courses, it tells me I can't do it as workouts are still using that course, which I understand. It then gives me the option to retire the course; when I select this, the course still shows up.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Dave

I don't know if this helps, but if you start typing in the field it will filter to courses containing the text you entered. I leave all my courses in there but just enter the first 4-5 letters of the course I just ran and it usually gives me a drop-down of 3-4 courses to choose from.

I should also note that when I first saw the thread title I thought you were a diabolical trail RD...I've run a couple with "hidden courses" or rather no markers to say which trail to follow...

SubDood

I don't know if this helps, but if you start typing in the field it will filter to courses containing the text you entered. I leave all my courses in there but just enter the first 4-5 letters of the course I just ran and it usually gives me a drop-down of 3-4 courses to choose from.

+1

I think the filter is even better than that. If I enter the first few letters of any word in my course title, it will filter to courses that contain that word anywhere in the title (not just courses that begin with those letters). I have some long course titles which include a series of road names -- I could filter on any of my courses that go down "Fox Road" by typing the 3 letters "f-o-x" in the dropdown box.  It's pretty slick imho.

I think the filter is even better than that. If I enter the first few letters of any word in my course title, it will filter to courses that contain that word anywhere in the title (not just courses that begin with those letters).

Good to know. You learn something new every day...I've always just started typing the start of the course name. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks, this is not what I'm looking for, but good to know. The functionality seems to be there to completely hide them, just not sure whether it is configured properly, or something I am not doing.

Dave

How do I hide courses/routes? I want to eliminate some of them from the dropdown list when entering a new run. I have changed "Show only courses used in the last x months", but it still shows all the old courses. I tried deleting from the list of courses, it tells me I can't do it as workouts are still using that course, which I understand. It then gives me the option to retire the course; when I select this, the course still shows up.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I could remember this wrong, but I think there is a delay for the "Show only courses" option to take effect. Maybe leave things be and check again tomorrow - or the great and powerful eric will chime in with the correct answer.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

deleted double post

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

eric :)

The combo box always contains the last 50 courses you've used.  Only if you have more than 50 courses that the filtering kicks in.  As delucj suggested, typing in a few letters of the course name will filter the courses for you, which is the fastest way to find the course you want.

eric Smile

OK thanks for the clarification.

It seems like if someone specifically indicates they only want to see courses going back so far, or specifically retires a course, they would want it to be hidden. (Not sure if a retired shoe also shows on selection lists, have not done this yet.)

Not a huge deal, just my 2 cents.

Dave