Response to suggestion? (Read 1244 times)

Hi Eric, I noticed that you send out responses to those whom have posted a suggestion, including the ones that were submitted after mine. Not sure if this is because I'm not part of the immediate runningahead community? Hopefully, the lack of response wasn't because of this.

madness baby

I'm sure he's just working on it or hasn't had the time to respond to just yet. There are so many suggestions every day and Eric does so much. Don't worry about it. You'll get a response, but it might not come right away. Hold tight.
      deb
        Hi Eric, I noticed that you send out responses to those whom have posted a suggestion, including the ones that were submitted after mine. Not sure if this is because I'm not part of the immediate runningahead community? Hopefully, the lack of response wasn't because of this.
        Hi Innana, Dont take it personally - Eric probably just hasnt gotten around to replying. Or he missed your thread. Or he has been busy. Your post is pretty new! (I assume the one about training goals?) The last post I see from Eric is on the 15th. As to your suggestion, I totally agree that it would be really useful to be able to plan future runs. It has come up before: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/88aade7e7bff4970899e2bef836d1a5d#focus http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/3be398c146d444ebafe124ed7c4e13ec#focus http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/4ca62c32c5fc4e93a2460249a76f0daf#focus http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/2aca64b1c47742f3abb3d51310597fde#focus It sounds like it is on Eric's ToDo list, but it also sounds like it might be pretty tricky, so it is probably lower on the list. (However, if we can get more people to respond to the thread and second the recommendation, it might move up higher!) For now, you can add runs as far into the future as you want. Yo can them change them and add in time and the number of clouds or whatever else you want after you do them. You could try making a category of "Planned" runs and add them to your schedule if that would help distinguish planned from completed. Enjoy the site - Eric does a great job with it and it is a fun group of people! Cool
          Thanks for clarifying, folks! I realize that the request I was making was not an easy nor a simple one. Just an idea to run by Eric. I think I got a bit confused when I saw other topics come in after mine and were responded to, I thought I may have inadvertantly over-stepped the bounds of my free membership? Confused In checking the site again, I misunderstood the order of the suggestion box. In still being a new member to this site, I didn't realize that when there's a new response to an old post, the entire suggestion goes to the top of the list! I thought these were new suggestions which came in after mine. Oops...my mistake entirely. Sorry Eric! You have done such a great job in building RunningAHEAD, everyone (including me) luves your site and wants your attention. Blush
            Its an easy mistake. Wink Another clarification: everyone is a free member. Some people have decided to donate via PayPal (on the homepage) to help out, but they are still free members. I love that I dont feel pressure to do so and there are no silly ploys to get me to become a member (access to certain features, for example). The fact that you have to go searching for the PayPal link reflects this. Come to think of it, I really should stop being a free-rider (runner?). For everything Eric does I am going to helpout at least a tiny, tiny bit! Now that I took care of that, I think I can sleep better tonight. Blush
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought I may have inadvertantly over-stepped the bounds of my free membership? Confused
              Unless one is a troll (and we've kind of had fun with those in the past...they taste like chicken) or goes out of their way to be hurtful to other members I don't think anyone would ever have to worry about this. We're a pretty open, friendly, and accepting bunch--we take after our fearless leader in that respect. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

innana1, I was away for the long weekend and didn't have a chance to reply to any inquiries. I do have to admit that I missed posts occasionally. It was nothing against the poster, I just missed it due to all the things that are going on around me. Thank you everyone for stepping up while I was gone. The reason I don't announce when I'm away is mostly to protect the site from malicious users taking advantage of my absence. To answer your original question, an integrated training plan has been on my todos from the very beginning. I have received many requests for this feature and I am planning to get to it this year, although I can't make any promises. It's a rather complicated feature because of users want a side by side view of actual versus planned workouts. It is also something that will take a couple months' worth of weekend to do after I figured out how to do it. With all large projects, it gets pushed aside by the smaller and easier ones. I've been adding new features as fast as I can. You'll just have to take a leap of faith that I will get to it soon. Welcome to RunningAHEAD.com. eric Smile

fearless leader
                  Please, PLEASE stop calling me that!
                    Leaderless fear?

Imminent Catastrophe

Emperor?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Wingz

Professional Noob

See, Oh Great and Fearless Leader Eric? It's better not to draw attention to these things... Evil grin

Roads were made for journeys...

See, Oh Great and Fearless Leader Eric? It's better not to draw attention to these things... Evil grin
                          I just don't like these titles because I am not in any leadership role. You guys take the initiative to keep the forums lively. You guys organize your own groups to bring people of same interests together. I just like to write software that makes running more interesting. I won't object if you call me a "computer geek" Big grin
                          JakeKnight

I just don't like these titles because I am not in any leadership role. You guys take the initiative to keep the forums lively. You guys organize your own groups to bring people of same interests together. I just like to write software that makes running more interesting. I won't object if you call me a "computer geek" Big grin
                            The computer geek doth protest too much, methinks. --From RunningAhead Hamlet: the Danish Pace Bunny (III, ii, 239)

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The computer geek doth protest too much, methinks. --From RunningAhead Hamlet: the Danish Pace Bunny (III, ii, 239)
                              *snickers*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What a lively bunch. I luv it! Cool Eric, thanks for your response and my apologies again for the mis-understanding. I look forward to the run schedule functionality whenever you're able to implement it. Big grin I put in the suggestion realizing that it had likely come up before. Happy running to all, Sabina