Slow night (Read 208 times)

Sure did. Even had some before the start. No stomach issues at all. After I ran out of Snickers I had a GU at 15 and 20. I chased it all back with H20. Simple as that.

Wait - you really did this?

Dayum.....sub-3 runs on Snickers....you better call the ad people....they are missing a serious customer segment.

Ready, go.

Feeling the growl again

How did you carry it without it melting?  Unless it was like Indy Monumental in which case you'd have to thaw it out to avoid breaking your teeth.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xhristopher

How did you carry it without it melting?  Unless it was like Indy Monumental in which case you'd have to thaw it out to avoid breaking your teeth.

I dumped them in a ziploc sandwich bag, which I carried in my hand. Temps were in the 40s and it was breezy so no melting at all. For the Indy race you would have needed the snickers ice cream snacks.

Ready, go.

While we're on the topic of weird things I eat before marathons to racing... I had a half cup pickle juice the day before and a couple IPAs with dinner. This also has served me well. I must admit I didn't eat at TGIFridays tho. Dinner was prepared at home and very sensible.

Grand Rapids Marathon has a couple aid stations passing out pickle juice.

Dave