First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

ymmv

I didn't believe you so I googled it.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22188823/too-close-to-tracks-jogger-cited-for-running-near-railroad

Great video. Redbird sure looks like John McEnroe.

Revenge of the Nerd

"His lawyer says he should have gotten a pass."

I'm not sure Mike Gunderson should be advertising the fact that his client got hosed.  Maybe he believes there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Lookin' good Redbird!

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

#artbydmcbride

I hope you are feeling well, Redbird, and are ready to put this all behind you

Runners run

degregorius

Good Gawd. If Metra wanted to rake in the dough from trespassing fines, why don't they station some cops South of the Edgebrook stop during the rush periods.  They could catch a ***tload of people heading south to catch the #84 bus.

I guess that requires too much work.  Better to catch someone by hapenstance. I guess. Roll eyes

delicate flower

<3

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

In reality, she didn't want you to know she was watching Idol, so I think we should look into the cover-up.

Just got home, watching the Cubbies, flip over to the local news and get one of those teasers for what is coming up after the break...

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
              Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

This, and. What fekkin lawyer wouldn't say "my client should have gotton a pass". Good Lord, Cochran said it about O.J.; nevermind, he did get a pass.

"His lawyer says he should have gotten a pass."

I'm not sure Mike Gunderson should be advertising the fact that his client got hosed.  Maybe he believes there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Lookin' good Redbird!

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

Poor guy.  They called him a "JOGGER."  Sad

"Screwed" is the word that comes to mind when I think about it.  Larry Yellen told me " METRA spokesperson told me that engineers had complained about pedestrians running between the gates, so cops were dispatched for enforcement of that problem, and while there, they happened to see Randy and busted him too"

It beats me why they busted me then, since I never crossed the gates to begin with. 

xhristopher

I didn't believe you so I googled it.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22188823/too-close-to-tracks-jogger-cited-for-running-near-railroad

You have already done your community service by sharing your story. Since the clip is 2:12, if 100K people watch it you've done 3666.66 hours of service already! That's probably enough bonus service to do something really bad.

I gotta say I'd probably unknowingly trespass by jogging that stretch too.

Deep down I think they are really penalizing you for jogging in jeans. Sorry.

Kalsarikännit

In reality, she didn't want you to know she was watching Idol, so I think we should look into the cover-up.

In reality, once Marmol is handed the ball there isn't a whole out there that is more painful to watch. Idol or local Fox News included.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

You have already done your community service by sharing your story. Since the clip is 2:12, if 100K people watch it you've done 3666.66 hours of service already! That's probably enough bonus service to do something really bad.

I gotta say I'd probably unknowingly trespass by jogging that stretch too.

Deep down I think they are really penalizing you for jogging in jeans. Sorry.

Like I said, people were crossing the downed gates that morning and they sent a cop out there to keep that from happening.  He still ticketed me though, even though I never crossed the gate, tracks, etc.  He would have done the same thing too, to any runner using that trail that morning, regardless of their attire.

As far as community service goes.  I'm still waiting for possibilities.  One of them is the YMCA, who actually mailed me a questionnaire for a reference to fill out first.  I can't believe I have to go through this bullshit just to volunteer my services, even though I think it's total bullshit that I have to do it in the first place.   Angry

xhristopher

As far as community service goes.  I'm still waiting for possibilities.  One of them is the YMCA, who actually mailed me a questionnaire for a reference to fill out first.  I can't believe I have to go through this bullshit just to volunteer my services, even though I think it's total bullshit that I have to do it in the first place.   Angry

Hey, consider yourself lucky if you can serve your time at the YMCA. It's gotta beat the hell out of picking up trash or chipping and shoveling ice.

In college a friend and I got busted doing something that was actually bad and we got 20 hours of service. We were all uh, oh this is going to suck and be embarrassing. Then they had us clean up and paint the police station locker room. Best community service ever! We got to get to know the police, were in a comfortable setting, could work our own hours, and didn't have to be seen on the side of the road looking like part of a chain gang. We knocked it out in one week during afternoons.

Like I said, if you end up working at the Y count yourself lucky. Put your self in the mindset of those who actually choose to volunteer at the Y.

zonykel

Hey, consider yourself lucky if you can serve your time at the YMCA. It's gotta beat the hell out of picking up trash or chipping and shoveling ice.

In college a friend and I got busted doing something that was actually bad and we got 20 hours of service. We were all uh, oh this is going to suck and be embarrassing. Then they had us clean up and paint the police station locker room. Best community service ever! We got to get to know the police, were in a comfortable setting, could work our own hours, and didn't have to be seen on the side of the road looking like part of a chain gang. We knocked it out in one week during afternoons.

Like I said, if you end up working at the Y count yourself lucky. Put your self in the mindset of those who actually choose to volunteer at the Y.

I think Red Bird is saying that YMCA is not accepting him automatically. He needs a reference to vouch for him.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

As a parent, I would expect the Y to check out its volunteers.

xhristopher

I think Red Bird is saying that YMCA is not accepting him automatically. He needs a reference to vouch for him.

I can't understand why. He's a convicted Mister Meaner, after all.