Knuckle Lights (Read 183 times)

Purchased a pair of Knuckle Lights online last fall.  Highly recommend them.  They work very well doing what they are supposed to do - light the way.  Even running up hill or sprinting when arm movement is exaggerated, the lighted surface is broad enough to cover.  As a bonus, they are also very comfortable.  You really don't even know you are wearing them.  Battery life is Ok.  I have found they light well enough that in a pinch you can run with just one.....Wink

Tammarin.....

GoRunDad

Totally agree.  Their customer service is outstanding as well.  I have been using them for a year plus and it always makes me smile when cars actually slow down to see what the light is.

I was running a 24-hour race this weekend, and using a hand-held flashlight to light the way.   I think it is time for me to upgrade!

PS.  I saw many folks with knuckle lights out there on the trails, there is a portion of the course where you see the opposing runners coming at you. (over 200 of us out there)  One light on the head and two knuckle lights, lighting the way....   Late in the night after so many miles, I guess I was hallucinating because I would round the bend to that section of trail and I could swear that a train was coming at me. Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I like them except for the battery life.  Even the new generation isn't great in that respect.  I've gotten plunged into darkness- even on relatively short runs, when the things just suddenly cut off.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

About how long is the battery life on those from you guys' experience with new batteries in them ??

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

zonykel

I like them except for the battery life.  Even the new generation isn't great in that respect.  I've gotten plunged into darkness- even on relatively short runs, when the things just suddenly cut off.

It could be that the batteries are loose. Typically, the lights will grow dimmer as the battery gets low.

I change batteries on only one of the knuckle lights when they start dimming. That way ill have one bright light and the other one dim. By the time the dim light runs out, I'll change those batteries. That way, I'll always have a bright light and a dim one.

The dim light may not illuminate the path, but it lets cars see me more easily.

this method also avoids having both knuckle lights die at nearly the same time.

Docket_Rocket

Not sure because I don't use them every day but one day I pick them up and they have no charge.  They last me 2-3 months.  I only use one as I consider them very bright for the area I run in.

About how long is the battery life on those from you guys' experience with new batteries in them ??

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

paulski66

miscreant

If you're worried about battery life, use rechargeable. Get two sets, swap 'em out at regular intervals well before they will normally run out.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

ap4

I just run with one at a time.  Provides enough light that I don't trip over crap on my paved bike trail.  Haven't had to replace the batteries yet (~3 months).  I use the lower setting and only need it about once a week for about an hour.  They sent a coupon code for 20% off Safety Accessories and Apparel at the website.  KL97348 if anybody's interested.  Not sure if it's still valid or one time use, but good luck with it.

not really sure.  I should keep better track!  but winter in the midwest early morning runs are 3 to 5 miles before work for me.  seems like I get about 3 or 4 runs then have to change them out.  that's only about 2 hours.  but I do keep them on High Beam as the rural roads are very dark.  coyotes too...  Evil

Tammarin.....

Gator eye

I love em in the summer and hate them in the winter, the pair I have shut off in cold weather. One knuckle light is good for about 2 miles in 30 degree before it shuts off the other will shut off in less than a mile. Once they warm up they turn back on and work perfectly.  Kind of disappointing for the price.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

What kind of batteries do they use?

paulski66

miscreant

AAA

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

ap4

2 x AAA each side.

My experience is similar to Olive and Gator.  Only a couple of hours battery life and DO shut off in cold weather.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth