'Hot' yoga (Read 1216 times)

Nice

Are you talking about his bracelet, or the guy in the background that was so bored he fell asleep?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

A Saucy Wench

If hot yoga means notsohot guys in speedos I'll pass TYVM.  I hadnt realized the black speedo was a prerequisite for the class.  Most of the guys who take yoga around here are um. well...mostly like the guy in the back corner

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

tomatolover

Gosh, Tebow is everywhere lately.

That pic freaks me out on so many levels--

1. standing on the woman???? isn't this in the  "stuff your yoga teacher shouldn't do to you" manual somewhere?

2. the Jesus stance????  Is this guy practicing for a stations of the cross reenactment?

3. The speedo.  Absolutely, the speedo.

Maggie & Molly

If hot yoga means notsohot guys in speedos I'll pass TYVM.  I hadnt realized the black speedo was a prerequisite for the class.  Most of the guys who take yoga around here are um. well...mostly like the guy in the back corner

my sil has been asking me to try out the class she goes to - when I saw this pic I had the exact same thought as you.  No way Jose! blah

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Dave

That pic freaks me out on so many levels--

1. standing on the woman???? isn't this in the  "stuff your yoga teacher shouldn't do to you" manual somewhere?

2. the Jesus stance????  Is this guy practicing for a stations of the cross reenactment?

3. The speedo.  Absolutely, the speedo.

My job is done here.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Maggie & Molly

Can I log my laughter as a workout?

I know.  I was laughing out loud throughout the entire read then had to copy the link and send it to my SIL - an advid hot yoga practictioner.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                  Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Hi guys.  Back in November a studio for 'hot yoga' opened up.  It's basically yoga done in a 105F room.  It's supposed to increase flexibility, strength, and endurance.  I'm thinking of starting with my sister (whom I have very little in common with).  Has anybody tried it before? \What affect did it have on your running, if any? I've heard nothing bad about it from those who have tried it.  

Ive done the hot yoga. The few times I have tried it.. it has been a big help. The effects have been similar to taking a day off. Generally, coming in my legs are tired and heavy... a little achy. But sweating like that gets the blood moving. Im not flexible in the slightest, so the different stretches are really difficult for me.  I'm sure my foot strength improved the few times I did it. Even right after... when leaving the yoga studio my legs feel more refreshed. Really, my whole body feels more relaxed.  At $10-20 a pop.. thats a pretty good option. 

And we run because we like it
                    Through the broad bright land