How do you enter a race? (Read 752 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I cannot figure out how to enter a race. I tried making a workout, and choosing type race, but how do I enter the distances? Let's take something that sounds representative: 1mi warmup 5k race 5k warmdown I could add all the distance up and put it at the top, but I don't see where to put the interesting part -- the race time and distance. I don't know or care about the total distance -- who times their warmups & warmdowns? Well, maybe some, but not myself. Anyway, even if I knew the total time, it isn't nearly as interesting as the race time. Do I have to pretend it is an interval workout and enter the warmup as an interval, the race as an interval, and the warmdown as an interval? Or do I have to pretend it is three different workouts, and enter them as entirely separate workouts? Or am I foolishly overlooking something obvious by chance?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

Hi, Technically, these are three separate workouts and they should be recorded as such. I designed it that way to facilitate the graphing and searching functionalities. I've been pondering on how to allow the recording on warmups and cooldowns but I haven't found a simple solution yet. eric Smile
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Great; thanks. I didn't read any instructions; I just started putting in a workout. I was worried it would balk unless I invented all sorts of mumbo-jumbo to fill all the various boxes on screen, but I was pleasantly surprised when it let me leave almost everything blank except the mileages I cared about. I guess this is a testimonial to the workout form being intuitive for newbies. I skipped any intro or help stuff, and plunged right in, and entered some workouts, quite successfully. Thank you.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hi, Technically, these are three separate workouts and they should be recorded as such. I designed it that way to facilitate the graphing and searching functionalities. I've been pondering on how to allow the recording on warmups and cooldowns but I haven't found a simple solution yet. eric Smile
          Eric, allow different "types" for each interval, and let people use the intervals to determine the different aspects. Just a suggestion.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

eric :)

Eric, allow different "types" for each interval, and let people use the intervals to determine the different aspects. Just a suggestion.
            Warm ups and cool downs should never be mixed with intervals for the sake of entering everything on one page. The reason being how would you tabulate your mileage and duration? I've been giving this some thought and have a workable solution. It'll take awhile for me to get to it since I'm trying to get the log revamp done.