Dear newcomers (Read 2570 times)

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

I'm a little late to the game, but this thread has been quite entertaining.  

Secret groups are good and rids the forum of clutter. Plus, it allows us to feel smug when we're a part of a super secret speshul group and others are not.

Very true. But I can imagine that the big fish from the small RW pond might be disappointed that they don't get to attention whore as openly, if they feel compelled to post about their greatness in user group areas.

So, yeah, this place is a big improvement over RW and I'm glad to be here.

Oh and even more awesome is the fact that I started page 20 with this post. Big grin

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

Wandering Wally

Thanks for the nice welcome and I'm glad to be here.  I'll go back and read pages 2-19 later.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks for the nice welcome and I'm glad to be here.  I'll go back and read pages 2-19 later.

It's probably not worth it.  Lotsa more useful threads here.

BeeRunB

Dear Newcomers,

Everyone was a newcomer at one point or another, so the fact that you are doesn't matter at all.

Just dive in. Do what you want. Have fun. If you want a daily training thread in the main forum, do it.

Create your own Running Ahead reality. Make this board what you want just like everyone else has.

Be free.

Cool

Jeff F

Free Beer

Wow, just read the entire post and will never get that time back.  Feels like I was in a train wreck and then was revived with some good drugs, appears everything is fine now.

By the way, welcome.

it's a man's world

Wait, what are we supposed to do as a newcomer? 

"Everyone who can stand, stand now. If you can help others, do so." - Welles Crowther 

-

GO 49ERS! 

A Saucy Wench

Provide beer, cookies and pie in servitude to a senior member.  It's like Amway with pie in here.  If you want pie you have to recruit more newcomers. 

Oh.  And subscribe, because unlike RWOL, this place is run by one guy who does everything in his power to make this place everything you ever wanted in a running log and takes active steps to control spambots.  He works his ass off for us, so toss him a few bucks.  Smile

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

subscribe, because unlike RWOL, this place is run by one guy who does everything in his power to make this place everything you ever wanted in a running log and takes active steps to control spambots. 

This is the first message I've read in about a month.  And I liked it. 

MrNamtor

Provide beer, cookies and pie in servitude to a senior member.  It's like Amway with pie in here.  If you want pie you have to recruit more newcomers. 

Oh.  And subscribe, because unlike RWOL, this place is run by one guy who does everything in his power to make this place everything you ever wanted in a running log and takes active steps to control spambots.  He works his ass off for us, so toss him a few bucks.  Smile

I agree about the guy who runs this place.

But i won't be bringing any pie. What older members will get from me is my wit and charm. And they'll be damned lucky to get it too.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I agree about the guy who runs this place.

But i won't be bringing any pie. What older members will get from me is my wit and charm. And they'll be damned lucky to get it too.

Will you offer them a full refund in case they are dissatisfied? Or perhaps three easy payments of $0.02 and they can cancel at any time?
                      MrNamtor

Will you offer them a full refund in case they are dissatisfied? Or perhaps three easy payments of $0.02 and they can cancel at any time?

If only you could love me, I'd be so happySmile

Purdey

Self anointed title

jules2

I'm here.

Ilene ignore him, I've met Purdey and he's not as good looking as me.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Ilene ignore him, I've met Purdey and he's not as good looking as me.

True.  And I don't wear (as much) lycra.

dallison

registered pw

pay me, or the boss.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half