Stevie Ray asks a pre-Christmas favor (Read 1532 times)

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Now that is funny, the first part.  Was he all demandy for cooter pic?

"I demand Cooter"! No, that is not what happened. He probably traded it for a pack of camels.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

xor

A group of crows is called "a murder".  I wondered if a group of camels was indeed a pack... so I checked.  Nothing solid.  One source says "a superiority of camels" but I'm not buying it.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

A group of crows is called "a murder".  I wondered if a group of camels was indeed a pack... so I checked.  Nothing solid.  One source says "a superiority of camels" but I'm not buying it.

HUMPS!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Can someone explain to me how network CBS circa late 70s got away with a character named "Cooter" on Dukes of Hazard?

mahalo

Oh, lord. Poor guy. What ARE they making you watch in that infernal place?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The collective nouns are a caravan, a flock, a train, or a herd of camels.

Flock?!  What the flock?!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Oh, lord. Poor guy. What ARE they making you watch in that infernal place?

You don't understand. I have forgotten all the crazy math I learned in college and the theoretical computer science from grad school. But my brain refuses to release itself of the collective burden known as "crappy factoids about television from 1950-1990" and similarly not-useful-in-life heaps of "knowledge". Anyway, on Sunday we watched football. Yesterday, Christmas movies on AMC. White Christmas and stuff. We got to that channel because the movie theater up the street from me showed White Christmas yesterday on the big screen in super wide "vistavision" from 1954. I had to skip it, so they found it on TV and the whole unit watched it.

RunSaintRun

Thanks for sharing your beautiful music.....warms the heart and soul!!! We enjoyed relaxing by the fire late last night and again this morning to your moving muic....Merry Christmas!!!!

Regards,

Darlene & Dave

#artbydmcbride

HUMPS!

My lovely Lady Humps!

continous warm and mclovin vibes, Stevie Ray!

Runners run

the smoking donut guy is back Big grin

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Queen of 3rd Place

the smoking donut guy is back Big grin

Quick! Put them out!

Ex runner

xor

Some of my fondest thanksgiving/christmas memories from back-in-the-day involved my Dad's cooking.  He was really, really good at it, whereas my stepmom took more of an I Love Lucy approach (you think I'm kidding?  More on that in a second....).

For a number of years, my dad became "one" with The Meat Smoker and we had some really yum turkeys.

Except for the one year he decided to smoke a turkey with the previous year's christmas tree, which had apparently been propped next to the house for 10 months.  And it tasted EXACTLY like you think.  Piney fresh.

Nothing destroys Thanksgiving quite like a turkey that smells and tastes like pine sol.

Well, when I was three, I upchucked all over the not-yet-cut bird.  Also destroying thanksgiving.

Anyway, aside from the pine year, my dad was a Smoking Wizard. I'm betting he could make amazing smoked donuts.

(somewhere along the way, age related changes made him completely lose it.  Earlier this year, he almost burned down the house by trying to bake a whole chicken in a mixing bowl.)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Still praying for you. Wishing you the most amazing Christmas pudding.

xor

My step mom.

She's pretty famous for leaving ingrediments out of things.  I can tell you first hand that pumpkin pie without sugar LOOKS LIKE pumpkin pie.  But it does not TASTE LIKE pumpkin pie.

Sometimes she adds stuff.  I found this in the mashed potatoes one day....

If you don't recognize it, that's the ring from the top of a plastic milk jug.  I guess it fell in the measuring cup and she didn't notice.

See?  "I accidentally lost my ring in the cake/muffins" was an old sitcom staple plot device.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

The Christmas tree turkey story is hilarious.

C-R

Stay strong SRL.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/