We've finally reached the end (Read 389 times)

bhearn

Seems a bit steep in terms of $ / mile.

C-R

You can't do that. Unbounded.

I already have the sticker on my car so do I need to show up?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DaBurger

But at least you can share a world record

Know thyself.

hope they have a prerace communal stretch & how about a  post race or post party massage?    no mention of either

FFS.

Ready, go.

Feeling the growl again

I'm all for a good party.  But no need to masquerade it as some sort of "race".  Unless, of course, it is a beer mile, but then there is plenty of hurt going around.

I have to ask:  Why??  What's the point of a party with nothing to celebrate?  Isn't that the whole point of a party?  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm a little surprised they didn't call it a 0.0 mile marathon.

Joann Y

We're having a new year's eve party. I wonder if my non-runner friends (essentially all of my friends) would be willing to pay me $35 to not run. There will be food and drinks provided. Okay, that's dumb. The only thing more dumb would be paying $35 to hang out with a bunch of people that I don't know...but there is that free T-shirt. Okay, maybe more dumb than that is driving three hours to get drunk with a bunch of men that I don't know, all while sprinting quarter miles.

#artbydmcbride

We're having a new year's eve party. I wonder if my non-runner friends (essentially all of my friends) would be willing to pay me $35 to not run. There will be food and drinks provided. Okay, that's dumb. The only thing more dumb would be paying $35 to hang out with a bunch of people that I don't know...but there is that free T-shirt. Okay, maybe more dumb than that is driving three hours to get drunk with a bunch of men that I don't know, all while sprinting quarter miles.

that doesn't sound dumb at all! 

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Not even close to the record of stupidity.

Not at it at all. 

Joann Y

that doesn't sound dumb at all! 

(ikr? Smile)

Feeling the growl again

Nah, the dumb part was chugging a beer before each sprint.

The potato is right.  It is much dumber to make it through such an idiotic even unscathed and then bang up your knee trying to go down a firepole without spilling your beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

and then bang up your knee trying to go down a firepole without spilling your beer.

this I would like to see, lol

Prince of Fatness

Nah, the dumb part was chugging a beer before each sprint.

The potato is right.  It is much dumber to make it through such an idiotic even unscathed and then bang up your knee trying to go down a firepole without spilling your beer.

I was referring to driving 10 hours one way instead of 3 just for a beer mile, but yeah, the fire pole thing is stupid too.

Not at it at all. 

Queen of 3rd Place

Displaying image002.jpg

Ex runner