Jerry Falwell (Read 797 times)

What do people on here think of him and his legacy?
      I just wonder if Tinky-Winky will make it to his funeral. Wink
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Tough one for me to answer without too much vitriol, so I'll keep it brief. Mr. Falwell was major enabler/instigator of a major rightward shift in this country's politics that in my opinion has made it a worse place. The negative impact of this will continue to echo through the decades. Just my opinion.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had a celebratory beer last night. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mishka-old log

Hmmmm.... I've been doing a much better job of educating myself to current events and politics and all that fun stuff in the last year and a half. That being said, I'd never heard of Jerry Falwell until he died. Blush
              I echo Jeff. And Zoomie (well, mine was a celebratory daquiri).
              2009: BQ?
              shyrunner07

i'm not very good with words, so i'm going to let President Jimmy Carter sum it up for me.... " Jerry Falwell can go straight to hell – and I mean that in a Christian way." Now if only Pat Robertson would follow suit....
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd never heard of Jerry Falwell until he died. Blush
                  Ahh...he's the guy who tried to convince the world that Tinky Winky the Teletubby was created by homosexuals in an effort to "get the gay all over" little kids. He also blames 9/11 on liberals, feminists, and gays. Nice guy.... k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I echo Jeff.
                      I'll betcha you're echoing me because I used the word echo. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

legacy?
                        LOL. ROFL. Hahaha. *cough* cash farmer *cough* good riddance *cough* LOL. ROFL. Hahaha. OK. I'm done now.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Bonkin, you ok? That was a pretty wicked cough fit.

Prophet!

Ahh...he's the guy who tried to convince the world that Tinky Winky the Teletubby was created by homosexuals in an effort to "get the gay all over" little kids. k
                            whoever created Teletubbies must have been on something or have some freaky things going on in their minds..maybe Jerry Falwell actually created Teletubbies.
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

..maybe Jerry Falwell actually created Teletubbies.
                              Sort of like Palpatine -- secretly create the crisis, then publicly fight it in order to gain power. Maybe I should give Rev. Falwell more credit -- *Yoda voice* or should I call you Darth Tinky-Winky?

Bonkin, you ok? That was a pretty wicked cough fit.
                                Yeah, I'm much better now, thanks! Darth Tinky Winky! LOL

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?