my training plan (Read 396 times)

il give you more info on me,

i started runnin when i was about 9 years old till i was 19. then i quit after my first enjury. i was mainly into cross country. i won the connaught junior once and the connaught schools cc once aswel. but connaght was the poorest province back then, my best in all ireland cc was 33 underage. then in 2010, about june/july (not sure i wasn recording it) i started ran my first race in drumahaire 4 mile and did 25:44

http://www.galwaycityharriers.com/files/gch/Results%20of%20Dromahair%204%20Mile%20Road%20Race,%2019%20Sept%202010.pdf

john whelan is my name. i did 2 more cross contry races that year. from januray 2011 i have everything recorded on here til i stoped running again.

i am pretty stiff all over 2day but im taking a day off anyway i will do 20k on saturday or sunday.

this week i started doing 30 press ups when i wake up, 30 after i run at 11 am and 10 pull ups aswell,then at night i have done 40. so 100 a day from now on.

ive started eating more about 5 times a day, i got out drinkin 1 a week (i was out last night) but im gona cut that back to once every forthnight, now your all gonna hate me............. because i smoke weed about 5 grams a week and when im out i drink whiskey about 2 naggins.

i work 4 days a week monday to thurs 12:30pm to 8:30pm, i come in to town early too run before that. im also a mini farmer i have 4 sheep a duck 5 chickens 2 guinea fowl a rabbit, dog, 5 cats and im buyin a ram tomoro

so i think we kno every thing about me now, any help and encourage ment will be much appriceated.

sorry about my spelling

i didn run since last thursday, i think ive fot food poisionin, so plans are set back again, but i did get time to write out a training plan,

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/c635eb5f54fb444983fa72554c8b5d18/plans/EsA

that involves bein able to run this week

#artbydmcbride

Good luck!

Runners run

hello again, im back after sickness. i didnt feel great yesterday so i only did 5km instead of the planned 10km. i made up for it today by running 15km steady 1:09:47 and i fealt good all the way trough, hopefully i can stick to the program which is another 81/2 weeks and then i should be fully fit and ready to concentrate on my speed. there will be no raceing until i can beat my brother who is hoping for 3:10 in next months dublin marathon, so i have a bit to go yet.

65km done this week, i plan to do 70 next week i have started going to the gym for a half an hour after trainin mon to thurs, i have alot of free time before work in the mornins so that is really helpin, i find that if i get it done before work i am much fresher. all is going well so far. there is a road leauge startin in sligo in march so i plan to do that. about 8 races trough the summer, and before that in febuary there is the intermedate all ireland which i should be able to compete in if im good enough by then

hello again,

its been a while since i posted up here. i ran my first race today, a 5k in 19:04. i havnt really been stickin to the the plan i had done out but iv been running five days a week anyway. i was hoping to break 19 min but i guess its not too far off. im happy with it. i think its time i started doing some intervals and six days a week from now on

Half Fanatic #846

Glad to see your progress - You'll be sub-19 for sure next time!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

thanks,

last night i did out a program for the next 4 week starting today and ending on the 28th of dec (4 weeks)

here its is

moday - easy 7 mile

tuesday - hill repeats 8 to 10 (400m tuff hill) jog down - 2mile warm up and down

wednesday - easy 7 mile

thursday - 30 min tempo on hilly course - warm up and down

friday - off

saturday - long 15 mile

sunday - 5 to 8 mile easy on hills

week 1 - 50 miles

week 2 - 52 miles

week 3 - 54 miles

week 4 - 40 miles with a race on the sunday 5k

i wanna focus on hills this month and i made the trainin session shorter so it will be easier to stick too

also i bought a garmin forerunner 10 today cant wait to try it out tomorow

week 13 done...

mon- i ran a flat route just over 7 mile nice and easy

tue- warm up then 8*400m hill jog back down,

wed- same as monday

thur- i jog up to a hilly route done 2 laps round it hard enough the hills up there are a killer, jogged back

fri- day off

sat- 15mile long run starting out at about 8:30 pace dropping down to 7:30 by the end

sun- easy 4.5 mile run on a hill course (a course me and my brother used to do when we were kids, it his annaverary he died in a car crash 6 years ago)

i also bought a garmin on tuesday heres my link;

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/calendar

best week of runnin so far just over 80k done mostly hills and i feel good

13 weeks done- weekly average- 56.5k

Hello again,

I have'n updated this tread in a while, mostly because i got bored of running. I did'n do much in January. but in my defence the weather was really bad. February has been much better. The last 3 weeks I have run 80k plus each week. Its all been pretty slow (between 5 and 6 min per km). Last week was the first time i did anything fast, on tuesday i did some fartlek which wasn to hard either and thats it. I have 2 races planned in march, a 5k and 10k. I dont expect much from them but if i can breack 40 in the 10k that would be nice. i intend to keep my mileage about the same in march but start to add in some fartlek and tempo runs aswel

the 5k is next sunday 8 of march in riverstown at 12:30pm (just a practice for the 10k)

tubbercurry 10k is on paddys day 17 of march.

First 2 races of the year dont and it went quite well, i ran a 5k on the 8th of march in my local village and the a 10k in tubbercurry on 17th of march.

sorry dont know what happened there

8th march   Riverstown 5k - 20:40  this was a small local race in which there wasnt any competion. the race was 5.3k on a nice flat route but it went truogh a farm for 2k which was basicaly a muddy tractor lane. I won easily, the next person was 4 and a half minutes behind me, kind of embarrasing

17th march  Tubber 10k - 38:56 i had been lookin forward to this race because it is my first proper race in 3 years, i was hoping to brake 40 mins, and went for 39 min at about 4 or 5 k in i taught i could do 38:30 but then came a hill, my 7th k was 4:11 which was pretty poor but i managed to get going again and broke 39min which i am delighted with

the last 5 weeks i have averaged over 80k a week with just 2 hard sessions so far and 2 races, i plan to keep the distance the same and up my intensity as i go along slowly, things are going great so far no niggles or pains and i am trainin well within my self lots of room for improvement