Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Other critters that are funny are wild turkeys. Man, they are DUMB! It's funny when I'm running along and they are standing in the middle of the road. They have NO clue what to do. Deer aren't much better. They really look confused sometimes. Like "what's with that thing on 2 legs? Why does it run so slow?" Confused

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

MisterPaul

OK, I don't wear my glasses when I run so I can't always distinguish what it is I see during my predawn outings. On one occasion about a month ago, I was running along the urban greenways trail. I could see a rather large object ahead that resembled a collapsed tent lying on the ground about 10 feet away from the paved trail. I didn't think anything of it, since I see weird stuff along there all the time (golf clubs, a beer keg, a sword, pajamas, etc.). But the closer I got, the more worried I became - I could swear the tent was moving! And moaning! I knew this couldn't be good, but I kept running toward it ( I'm real bright, huh?). Once I was close enough, I realized I was watching an overly amourous couple, um, 'coupling' between two blankets Shocked. The rather vocal and most definitely nude lady saw me and let out a scream. Her oblivious partner thought his actions were the reason for her screams, so he was making comments of his own declaring his sexual prowess. Here's where it gets good. I tried to just keep running past them like I didn't care, but the fellow saw me, screamed a more ladylike scream than his partner did, wrapped himself in the top blanket as he ran away through the trees, leaving the rather vocal and most definitely nude lady lying alone and staring at me. I wasn't sure what to do, so I simply said "Good morning," as I passed her. "Good morning," she replied, as though nothing was amiss.
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

This week, I saw a huge, dead raccoon on his back with his feet up in the air. Eww!

...And I do.

* Dead racoon No * Yucky undies Undecided * Perfect pair of sunglasses -- which I took home! Cool Oh, I do see honking geese quite frequently.

...And I do.

OK, I don't wear my glasses when I run so I can't always distinguish what it is I see during my predawn outings. On one occasion about a month ago, I was running along the urban greenways trail. I could see a rather large object ahead that resembled a collapsed tent lying on the ground about 10 feet away from the paved trail. I didn't think anything of it, since I see weird stuff along there all the time (golf clubs, a beer keg, a sword, pajamas, etc.). But the closer I got, the more worried I became - I could swear the tent was moving! And moaning! I knew this couldn't be good, but I kept running toward it ( I'm real bright, huh?). Once I was close enough, I realized I was watching an overly amourous couple, um, 'coupling' between two blankets Shocked. The rather vocal and most definitely nude lady saw me and let out a scream. Her oblivious partner thought his actions were the reason for her screams, so he was making comments of his own declaring his sexual prowess. Here's where it gets good. I tried to just keep running past them like I didn't care, but the fellow saw me, screamed a more ladylike scream than his partner did, wrapped himself in the top blanket as he ran away through the trees, leaving the rather vocal and most definitely nude lady lying alone and staring at me. I wasn't sure what to do, so I simply said "Good morning," as I passed her. "Good morning," she replied, as though nothing was amiss.
            MisterPaul -- Wow, you got a show! Shocked
              I encountered a huge pile of throw-up on Christmas morning. Neat way to start the day!! Lisa
              I plan to be running as long as I can and have no plans to stop. --Frank Shorter

Runner

Like the OP I too saw a big black dildo one time. Dead animals where I run aren't a big thing, but for a while I had to avoid a deer carcass that no one saw fit to remove from the road where I frequentlly ran. Money is always nice Cool

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Like the OP I too saw a big black dildo one time.
                  Why is it that a big black one seems even more bizarre to see on the ground than a small, ribbed, pearl pink one? Though I still wonder how the one I saw got there. It wasn't near where any trash cans would be. I almost wonder if someone planted a hidden camera on a tree just to see what sort of reactions passersby would have... Hmmm...that would make for a really fun webcam! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Prizefighter

Had to leap over a possum in the early AM a couple of weeks ago. It didn't look too damaged at all, which made me think that it wasn't dead, but had merely been scared badly enough by another runner or a dog passing by shortly before me to make it seize up and keel over like possums do. Creeped me out enough, though.
                    PCHOOOOO!

Sweaty

OK, i have seen many things while running, nasty and weird things. but I will mention that 3 are weird and funny. 1 .- two dogs doing theirs in the middle of the street, Clowning around 2 .- a couple completely naked at 6 am in a car with the windows down, the group with whom i ran stopped to say, is better than going to a hotel and the girl showed their boobs, and continued doing .. . Yes 3 .-in my last race a group of drunken boys joined the group of the race only to make free gatorade to kill hangover, Dead
                      I donĀ“r suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single moment. L.L
                        Lots of stuff. But, probably the most unusual was a kilo of cocaine in a plastic Zip-loc bag. I was running along the shoulder of a 4-lane road one Sunday morning and spotted a bag of white powdery substance bag in tall grass at the entrance to a ramp leading onto a limited access highway. I had just passed a donut shop where a cop car was parked outside. (Who would have thought? Wink) I ran back to it and told the cops inside what I had seen. They had me show it to them and they took it away. I got a call from their captain a few days later to tell me what I had found and thank me for reporting it. They figured that someone either tossed it from a car window for some reason or that was a drop point and I just happened to come along at the right time before it was picked up by whoever it was intended for.
                        bridgerunner

laced up!

Not so much weird as more tranquil whenever I see a few dolphins frolicking in the bay Cool !

Maggie & Molly

Not so much weird as more tranquil whenever I see a few dolphins frolicking in the bay Cool !
                            Now that would be cool!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, today I saw two "things" only a block or so apart. These things were vehicles in the ditch. Not so strange in Jan., in MI...but the circumstances were. So I crest a hill and see a small beige car in the ditch. I get closer, start to pass it, then notice there was a woman slumped over in the driver's seat. I get really worried and knock on her passenger side door. She freaks out. Apparently she was just fine...admits that she had been distracted by her GPS ( Roll eyes ) and next thing she knew was in the ditch--on the OPPOSITE side of the road (hello, dumbass...and these are the people I share the roadways with). Here's your sign. She said she had already called for a wrecker...then noticed my apparel and said "wow, are you running?" I said yes and she was in awe. I admitted that I have hopes to run a marathon later in the year and want to keep my mileage up all winter. She said "good for you!" Just before I caught up to her car a police SUV had come up from behind, gone a ways ahead, and then looked like he was going to turn around, but didn't. I had told the lady that I would run on ahead and make sure that the officer knew she was OK and that help was on the way. As I got closer to the deputy's SUV I noticed that he had gotten it stuck in the ditch while trying to make the turn too wide...here's your sign (WTF, I drive a tiny front-wheel-drive car and don't get stuck, but a tricked out police SUV...?). As I approached the SUV the officer rolled down his window and was cracking up, as was I. I told him that the lady was OK and had help on the way, AND that she had gone into the ditch for looking at her GPS...then showed him my Garmin and we joked about how much safer GPS units are on runner's wrists, rather than on a car dash. I finished my run with quite a few chuckles as I thought about the weirdness of running in MI after a few good snowfalls. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

(WTF, I drive a tiny front-wheel-drive car and don't get stuck, but a tricked out police SUV
                                Crazy guess on my part, but it wouldn't happen to be a Mazda you drive, would it? Tongue BTW, that's a great story! Gotta love MI drivers!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>